What's new

Help me find some good BLADES :-)

Blades I have purchased multiple times must be good ones (to me). These include:

Feather
Nacet
Bic CP
PermaSharp
Astra SP
Gillette Silver Blue

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
This is just my personal preference the blades that are in the sharp & smooth column going over slightly to the sharpest column seem to give me nice shaves, this is just a ball park reference of me explaining my preferences.
Blade Review #6.3 June 26th 2020 (3).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I bought 100 Personna Lab Blues because they were both reasonably priced and MiUSA. I am very pleased. Others I have liked include Gillette Silver Blues and Nacets, Israeli Personnas, and Crystals.

I have a tuck of them I ordered a while back to try. Been a while since I used one so I'll load one up in the morning to refresh my memory. I'll let you know what I think tomorrow.
Thank you! They are pricey, but man I love the packaging lol not even gonna lie

The most important consideration in finding the right blade is how coarse (or not course) your beard is and the aggressiveness level of your razor/razors. With those approximations, a pretty good guess can be made as to which blade/s, as to sharpness, might be a good choice for you.

I have tried over a dozen different DE blades when I first started out in our wonderful hobby,
and have settled on only two .... Feather and Gillette Nacet. For me and my face, both are
pretty darn perfect. But as many gents on these forums have said ..... blades are perhaps
the most "personal choice" out of all the crazy stuff we traditional shavers purchase along the
road to finding shaving nirvana. Pick 8 - 10 blades that arouse your interest, buy a 5 pack of
each, and see what works best for you. Most importantly ..... Have fun with the exploration !

Yes, I like the Timor blade in my Wolfman razors. In my other razors they are a fairly sharp & smooth blade that give 10 good shave. They are priced considerably higher than most other blades, perhaps that’s why there isn’t much to be found on them. I like them, certainly worth trying, but they aren’t in my top 5 unless I’m shaving with a Wolfman. Otherwise, my top blades are:
Feather
Nacet
Wizamet
GSB
Astra SP
Personna Lab Blue

Thank you! They are pricey, but man I love the packaging lol not even gonna lie
Used the Timor blade this morning. I bought a tuck of these to try several months back and had all but forgotten about them. I loaded it in my favorite Yates 921-H razor and off I went. The blade is smooth, but maybe not the sharpest I've used. It was a very comfortable blade and removed my stubble easily. It kind of reminded me a little of a Rapira Swedish Super Steel in how smooth is was, but may not be quite as sharp. It's a good blade, but my shave today didn't give me any "ureka" moment as this being a better blade than any of my top users. It is definitely a solid performer and I look forward to trying it out a few more days and in a couple of other razors. Definitely worth a try if you are grabbing some samples from Try-A-Blade.

Dorco Stainless ST300/301 or Prime blades STP300/301. Newer production from Vietnam also labeled as having HQ Technology. Lots of positive reviews. I use both averaging 8-10 good shaves per blade vs 4-6 on my Astra SPs.

Note make sure vendor is not shipping older made in Korea production without HQ Tech label. Mixed reviews on those.

Used the Timor blade this morning. I bought a tuck of these to try several months back and had all but forgotten about them. I loaded it in my favorite Yates 921-H razor and off I went. The blade is smooth, but maybe not the sharpest I've used. It was a very comfortable blade and removed my stubble easily. It kind of reminded me a little of a Rapira Swedish Super Steel in how smooth is was, but may not be quite as sharp. It's a good blade, but my shave today didn't give me any "ureka" moment as this being a better blade than any of my top users. It is definitely a solid performer and I look forward to trying it out a few more days and in a couple of other razors. Definitely worth a try if you are grabbing some samples from Try-A-Blade.
Thank you so much for the review! I will be picking a tuck of this up for sure now. Can’t wait to see how she does in my Rex Ambassador and 1946 Gillette Aristocrat!

Top Bottom