What's new

Help me find an outfit

Good afternoon, I am trying to find a last minute outfit for next Monday night for a dinner at Victoria and Alberts at Disney World and we leave this Saturday. The wifey surprised me and managed to somehow to snag the reservation.

For the shoes I have a pair of brown Allen Edmond Neumoks. So that is the base of what I need to match. Ties are optional, but I want a sport coat I can wear both with jeans and slacks. For this dinner, I will need slacks, the sport coat, and a shirt.

What do you guys think for colors to go with this? Any outfit ideas? I am looking to go to Belk or something nearby in the Charleston, SC area without breaking the bank.

Thanks in advance!

Men's Warehouse is a great place to get high quality outfits without breaking the bank. It all depends on what colors look good on you. If you wear light color slacks, wear a darker sport coat. With brown shoes, I would tend towards a tan pair of slacks with a dark brown jacket and a red (almost dark maroon) shirt. If red doesn't look good on you, then I don't know what to suggest. Keep in mind, this is my personal style, and it isn't everyone's. YMMV Good luck and enjoy that reservation with your wife. That's a once in a lifetime experience from what I understand.

If it were me going, it would be a suit and tie affair. If it's tie optional I'd, at the very least, wear a sport coat and dress pants.

This might sound funny but I like to get a sense of what my wife plans to wear, in order to gauge the situation. If she's formal, I'm formal and on and on..

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
My first choice would be a navy blazer but without the brass buttons. I could go for brown buttons that sometimes appear on those jackets, or else ... well, basically anything that isn't shiny brass. Best slacks would be a cream colour (fantastic combo, IMHO) with a second choice being medium grey. But really almost any slacks other than black and dark blue or dark brown would work well.

Second choice would be a tan/camel type sport jacket ... a little more casual and fewer "dressy" options so not as versatile down the road, but perfectly acceptable for your intended venue/event. For slacks I'd go with an earth tone noticeably darker in shade, or you could do navy or black.

If you really want to be a peacock dandy, a sky blue sport coat would kill it.

Thanks for the replies so far. The wife is looking at a cocktail type dress and really wants me to go the sport coat route. I personally would prefer the suit, but happy wife...

As far as colors, I like the cream idea and will see what the options. I will keep you all posted!

And for clarification my neumoks are almost tan. The unfinished brown ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This just screams resort to me:

KlingerS3-42-.JPG

Thank you all for the replies. Here is what I found tonight. It is a terrible cell phone picture, but works for the purpose.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you David. I appreciate the opinion.

And Bruce, that was tempting, but alas, the wife said no. Though for going underway, it would be an option. Would make a nice outfit for those special meals while underwater.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I personally would prefer the suit, but happy wife...

Did she specifically ask you to tone it down from a suit to a sport coat? Maybe she thought that by insisting on the sport coat she was avoiding a more casual shirt-and-jeans look? A cream suit would look great!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
proxy.php

Navy blazer & cream pants ... classic pairing, dress or casual:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom