What's new

Help me find a new tobacco.

Howdy all, after a long time the worst thing has happened! I ran out of tobacco!

I don’t smoke my pipe often, but I had a tin of skiff mixture and a tin of squadron leader that I slowly worked my way through.

Now that they are gone though I thought it wokkd be easy to pick them up again. Boy was I wrong.

Apparently they are pretty hard to find here in canada so not sure what to do.

Anyone have something that would be similar to those blends?

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Presbyterian, G.L. Pease Westminster, Dunhill/Peterson 965, or just about any of the the other English blends would probably suit your tastes. I’m not sure how easy they are to get in Canada though so hopefully a few of our brothers from Canada will chime in as to accessibility.

Howdy all, after a long time the worst thing has happened! I ran out of tobacco!

I don’t smoke my pipe often, but I had a tin of skiff mixture and a tin of squadron leader that I slowly worked my way through.

Now that they are gone though I thought it wokkd be easy to pick them up again. Boy was I wrong.

Apparently they are pretty hard to find here in canada so not sure what to do.

Anyone have something that would be similar to those blend
I shop in Canada cigars and pipe tobacco. Generally I would suggest going to cigar chief, for cigars. But when ordering pipe tobacco I refrain from that (thier pipe tobacco is over priced). I would look into buying from pipes and cigars, or smokingpipes.com, they have good prices and a large selection. Be cautious tho because there will be VAT when you pick it up at the post office (assume double the price of your order in tax depending on what Provence you are from, to be paid at the post office)

Also if you plan on ordering from a Canadian proprietor some brands that you know of may go under a different name. I think sutliff is called MR B's and Peterson is called Vincenzo (I may be wrong). Assume you might get a tin for about $40-50 CAD plus taxes in Canada while you can order from the states and get it for 10-15 plus shipping and (only our) taxes. It's a lot cheaper and easier to just buy it from
the states if you plan on making a large order.

Also you cannot buy bulk in Canada but can from smoking pipes and pipes and cigars.

I prefer a bit of a lighter English than squadron leader, so I would suggest Peterson early morning or Chelsea morning. But Peterson nightcap and Seattle plum pudding are two heavy English I also enjoy (other than the ones already posted)

Top Bottom