What's new

Help me fill out my razor stable

After much negotiation with the mrs. She has kindly allotted me enough space for 6 de razors (I am making a custom wood stand to hold them). Given that I have 6 total spots, what would you suggest as a whirlwind tour of the history of de razors?

I have to keep the weber in the stable, it was a gift from my wife, and frankly I love it. However, for the other spots I was thinking:

1. Weber PH bulldog
2. Gillette slim or fat boy
3. President/aristocrat/diplomat
4. Birth year black beauty
5. ???
6. ???

1. Weber PH bulldog
5. Gillette British Rocket HD

Frank

Hoffritz slant
Progress 510

if you're not 100% committed to a slim/fatboy and a black beauty then I'd suggest you exchange one of them for a toggle (maybe the slim/fatboy as the BB is similar to the slim and the fatboy will shave similar to the toggle but not look as cool).

That's it, and it shaves and looks like a dream. One of the few razors that shaves better than the Aristocrat is the Gillette NEW. The short comb is slightly smoother and the long comb is a bit more efficient. Then there are it's English cousins......

How well liked are the WWI khakis? I think that would be a great filler.

Weber
fat boy - adjustable
1950 aristocrat - non adjust tto, plus the end of the aristocrats
1934 aristocrat - first tto, open comb
WWI khaki - open comb, 3 piece, ball end, old type
??? New type?? Anyone have a solid suggestion?

Beware the slippery slope....

I had a four hole rack and said, "I need four razors to fill it." Then I got another four hole rack and said, "I need eight razors to fill these". Eventually I ended up with a 48 slot Timex watch display case AND a bookshelf full of razors and accoutrement..... The worst(best?) part is there is at LEAST one more razor I HAVE to try.....

Ollie4ISU already is pointing in the right direction...

I recommend you to reserve the last slot not for a razor but rather for a slot extension suited to hold at least sixty, or preferably more razors. Like this you still comply with your SWMBO's verdict I guess. :biggrin1:

With only 6 slots to work with you don't want fillers! I would say a gillette adjustable for sure ( whatever the type) and an open comb for sure. any loop holes possible like having one razor handle count as one razor but having a NEW and OLD head for it. and also a tech head as far as that goes!
How well liked are the WWI khakis? I think that would be a great filler.

Weber
fat boy - adjustable
1950 aristocrat - non adjust tto, plus the end of the aristocrats
1934 aristocrat - first tto, open comb
WWI khaki - open comb, 3 piece, ball end, old type
??? New type?? Anyone have a solid suggestion?

After much negotiation with the mrs. She has kindly allotted me enough space for 6 de razors (I am making a custom wood stand to hold them). Given that I have 6 total spots, what would you suggest as a whirlwind tour of the history of de razors?

I have to keep the weber in the stable, it was a gift from my wife, and frankly I love it. However, for the other spots I was thinking:

1. Weber PH bulldog
5. Gillette New (LC or SC)
6. Progress

Here's my choices.

The NEW LC is a must-have. This is a USA model, which is a good place to start. Thanks for the pic, Mr. Razor.

proxy.php

Top Bottom