What's new

Help me decide which handle to use.

Those are are all great brushes, number one for that knot would be my choice.

I believe what we really need if we are restoring brushes is a sampler pack, say knot sizes of 16mm,18mm, 20mm, 22mm, 24mm, 26mm, 28mm, and 30mm and in white boar, banded boar, pure badger, black badger, best badger, and silver tip, I know I'm missing some, but call it a starter pack. That way we would have a bit better idea what to use in our restorations.:wink2:

Those are are all great brushes, number one for that knot would be my choice.

I believe what we really need if we are restoring brushes is a sampler pack, say knot sizes of 16mm,18mm, 20mm, 22mm, 24mm, 26mm, 28mm, and 30mm and in white boar, banded boar, pure badger, black badger, best badger, and silver tip, I know I'm missing some, but call it a starter pack. That way we would have a bit better idea what to use in our restorations.:wink2:

Ha! Great idea...

SWMBO -- "Honey, why is there a stinky shipping crate in the driveway? Are there wet dogs in there?"
Me -- "That's nothing...go back inside."

P

Pjotr

I accept your challenge, good sir. :thumbup1:

Let me be the first member of the OCOMPBH (Openly Coveting Other Member's Potential Butterscotch Handle Restores Disorder)

Hold on, hold on, hold on there lads. Unless there was a PCROCOMPBHRD (Pre-existing Condition Regarding Openly Coveting Other Member's Potential Butterscotch Handle Restores Disorder) we can all put our hands up for this. Heck I'll even pay for postage to Australia and I'll send you a full colour framed picture of the final result which will be much better than TnutsShave's attempt (goes without saying of course).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd put that knot in the red and white.get a banded boar for the black and white.Finish off the restores with some badger for the butterscotch.

P

Pjotr

Yeah, now I'm thinking no. 3 too. The more I look at it, the more I think, "yeah - no. 3!"

No, you were right the first time. No 1 and 3 have got short loft badger written all over them. They look like they're going to topple over with that knot in them.

No, you were right the first time. No 1 and 3 have got short loft badger written all over them. They look like they're going to topple over with that knot in them.

Short lofted badger for the 'scotch you say? Sounds like a plan to me...:001_cool:

Top Bottom