What's new

Help me decide on my next SS

Hello Gents,

After one of my Timor cc razor fell in the shower and the screw snapped off the head I am in pursuit of a more durable razor; I have a RazoRock Game changer .68 on the way but would like to add another to my den. I’d like to keep it under $100; so far I’ve been eyeing the Muhle R94 and this Wet Shaving Club razor Artisan Safety Razor Made In The USA - The Wet Shaving Club - https://wetshavingclub.com/product/safety-razor-made-in-the-usa/ that I have little info on, I tried contacting them for more info through their website but have not gotten a reply yet. I like a mild to mid aggressive razor that is smooth, efficient and comfortable, that can be used as a daily shaver. For extra tough jobs I have a Merkur 37C and Muhle R41 but those I can’t use as daily shavers as I’ll end up with irritation, I’d appreciate your input and thoughts about those 2 razors and any others that you can suggest at that price point.

Read up on the WSC here:

Thanks, that’s where I actually found out about the WSC razor. Was hoping for some comparisons against say the Muhle R94.

If you're open to trying vintage, there are several outstanding razors that are under $100. From least expensive to most:
1) NEW LC
2) Goodwill
3) 1934 Aristocrat
4) RFB #77 (the two-piece version)

Enjoy your search!

Thanks, I’ll check those out. Though not SS, I have a 1971 Black beauty on the way, that would be my second vintage razor the first was a Schick Krona and I love it for those days when I want a close and fast shave without needing to pay attention.

And my search is not necessarily limited to SS, I am open to brass or anything that might be a bit more „bulletproof.“

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you like more mild to mid aggressive I would strongly recommend a Rockwell 6s which gives you six levels of adjustment. Ity the King of smooth, but very efficient from setting 4-6

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 mit Tapatalk

As you like more mild to mid aggressive I would strongly recommend a Rockwell 6s which gives you six levels of adjustment. Ity the King of smooth, but very efficient from setting 4-6

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 mit Tapatalk

I already have the 6C, will have to see if I like well enough to upgrade to the 6S.

You might consider the Occam's stainless DE razor avaialble through Classic Shaving. I have one and it is an excellent shaver and a super value. Read up on it here:

The Rocca is not a mild razor. The mild Occam is similar to an 89. What they call the open comb is between the GC .84 and GC OC. You can get just the head for $23.

The Rocca is not a mild razor. The mild Occam is similar to an 89. What they call the open comb is between the GC .84 and GC OC. You can get just the head for $23.

Would that be with scalloped or ridged head?

I have heard great things about the Schone. It's milder than the fatip while being all brass for around $20. The head is similar but not the same as the fatip. The teeth are wider. It's worth a look

Thank you everyone for your input; it is much appreciated and took me down a path I wasn’t expecting: I think I am now leaning towards the Schone, simply for the fact that it‘ll be my first Italian razor and I could use that when I use my Italian soaps (SV mostly.)

I purchased a Parker Semi Slant I just love it and it's very affordable
IMG_20191129_135637.jpg

Thank you everyone for your input; it is much appreciated and took me down a path I wasn’t expecting: I think I am now leaning towards the Schone, simply for the fact that it‘ll be my first Italian razor and I could use that when I use my Italian soaps (SV mostly.)

Cool, let us know what you think if you get it. The fatip is somewhat aggressive, however not, lol the neat thing about the fatip and I assume the Schone is the angle plays a big part.

Cool, let us know what you think if you get it. The fatip is somewhat aggressive, however not, lol the neat thing about the fatip and I assume the Schone is the angle plays a big part.

Yes, I have learned that lesson well with my Mühle R41, gotta pick the right angle, no pressure and it rewards you well.

As previously stated, the Occam's Razor is a wonderful machine! I have several including the Rockwell 6S and the Feather AS-D2, but somehow this little Occam keeps calling.

Was hoping for some comparisons against say the Muhle R94
The Muhle R94 is a work of art with amazing build quality but it is expensive & might be too aggressive for some, I find it on the medium aggression side below the Muhle R41.

Hope you enjoy your RR Gamechanger .68 good addition.

I think I am now leaning towards the Schone,
Great choice can't go wrong with a all brass razor that shaves well, I have the Bokër which is basically a Schone.
20190528_172421.jpg

20191225_194259.jpg

Alongside the Fatip older aggressive version & newer more milder more rigid version2 Fatip razors it fits in perfect in the middle.

Top Bottom