What's new

Help me decide on my Next Cream

I am considering either getting a Lime Cream or one of the Cologne based Creams from Taylors. Just tried the Trumpers Limes yesterday. Didnt really care for the smell or the shave from it. I do Enjoy Their Rose n Violet. I have heard some good things about the Shaving Shop from Taylors, Eton College, Mr Taylors. Dont see a lof opinions on Taylors Lime?.

Thanks guys
Ameet

ameetmedi said:
I am considering either getting a Lime Cream or one of the Cologne based Creams from Taylors. Just tried the Trumpers Limes yesterday. Didnt really care for the smell or the shave from it. I do Enjoy Their Rose n Violet. I have heard some good things about the Shaving Shop from Taylors, Eton College, Mr Taylors. Dont see a lof opinions on Taylors Lime?.

Thanks guys
Ameet
You may wish to read this for some insight into Taylor Lemon & Lime shaving cream. Since fragrances are very personal I will not insist that only one fragrance or the other is the one to buy. You see, I got very personal with the Taylor cologne scents and bought them all.:blush: If I were forced to select just one (and that would have to be under the threat of pain of death), it would probably be the Shaving Shop (Maroon Range). Delightful in-your-face (pun intended) fragrance that lingers for some time. Layering with the cologne is very nice. I am not especially fond of the aftershave gel, adequate when measured for efficacy at best, the pump spray deodorant is very good!
Hope that is of some assistance.:001_smile

No way, man. Taylor's St. James is the best cologne-scented cream out there. Oh, well, to each his own.

Most of the citrus-scented creams out there aren't that exciting. Ron is correct that the Taylor's Lemon Lime cream is an odd bird, with a very woody scent. Personally, I like it, but it is not a straight-forward lime scent. You could try Coates Lime, perhaps, or the Salters Citrus for a grapefruit-thang.

Good luck. As always, there are lots of choices out there.

Do they lather just as well as say the Avacado, or Almond?.. and do cologne based offer protection and close shave. The one thing i thought with Trumpers sample was the Lather was not as thick. maybe it was he sample?

Ameet

ameetmedi said:
Do they lather just as well as say the Avacado, or Almond?.. and do cologne based offer protection and close shave. The one thing i thought with Trumpers sample was the Lather was not as thick. maybe it was he sample?

Ameet
I have found very little variation in the final lather of the various Taylor shave creams. Typically the Taylor shave creams consistencies vary from runny to soft to almost brick solid. All of this said, with a good hot, wet brush the end result is a reasonably good lather.

There is little difference. I actually find the St. James to be more lubricating, if anything. You can check out the sample thread in the Shaving Mall if you are interested in picking up a sample or two. I have the St. James and the Mr. Taylors, but not Shave Shop (which I dislike intensely).

Top Bottom