What's new

Help me chosing my first DG/CL soap (or else...)

Hi all,
I decided I want a top performing soap, especially good in post-shave performance. I think declaration grooming can be the soap for me, maybe with one of the good Chatillon Lux scent.

But I can't really chose one, I would like not a seasonal scent, something is good in any moment at any season.

Can you suggest me something, maybe masterpiece of these brand?

Any other suggestions for top performing soap in post--gave feels with easy likely scent?

Thanks

The DG/CL collaborations have become my favorite soaps. The DG soap performance is outstanding and the CL scents are great. Although I have not tried them all, my favorites are Fourth and Pine and Gratiot League Square. I also have Colonia Balsamica which I enjoy but not as much as the other two.

I would also highly recommend picking up the matching AS and Eau de Cologne from Chatillion Lux for the full experience. Although the Colognes have a slightly different scent than the AS they work well together and create an wonderful scent profile post shave. The Colognes are pricier but he sells samples so you can try them before buying.

Good luck. You are going to enjoy these soaps/scents.

Matt

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I have the DG Lavender. Amazing!

I have the DG Fougere. Outstanding!

Also the DG Trismegistus. Wonderful (if you like strong orange/citrus/Hermes cologne).

Soapwise, you can't go wrong. Scentwise, it's up to you!

AA

There are so many great ones, and it is hard to suggest one without knowing your scent preferences, but one of my favorites is Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli.

I heard great opionoo on Y/R/P, but some said Rose is prominent and I don't like much floral scents, all rest is ok for me (except smoke, dirty leaves and mushrooms)...

.. already some nice suggestions;)

In fact would like to pair the soap with a toner, much more reason to don't fail the shot.

To me, I am not a scent for a season. I like my citrus all year round.

YRP
Southern Paradise
Trismegistus
4th and Pine

these are just the most pleasing to my olfactories.

I wouldn't pass on a seasonal either.

I heard great opionoo on Y/R/P, but some said Rose is prominent and I don't like much floral scents, all rest is ok for me (except smoke, dirty leaves and mushrooms)...

.. already some nice suggestions;)

In fact would like to pair the soap with a toner, much more reason to don't fail the shot.
The Rose is not dominant in my opinion. Y/R/P is absolutely the best DG scent available, without a doubt. If you get some and don’t like it, I will buy it from you at full price

Can’t go wrong with the really good performance of DG soaps but as far as scents goes I’m not a huge fan in general but my favorites are in order:

1. TSM Fougere
2. Lavender
3. Bandwagon
4. GLS

Sold 4th and Pine and sent back Colonia Balsamicia.
Expensive wont get you there.I have tried a lot of makes of shaving soap,but have ended liking Cella,Klar Kabinette,and Arko strange smell but like it , have just orderd dusy Kabinett as i have just run out of the old Klar its replacement.Went back to Palmolive used to like it,not now, the smell i think, will try again.New stock sometimes does not work so well soap does mature,maybe the scent gets less,a good thing sometimes.

Y/R/P looks to be a real winner! I was hesitant because of the rose inside, but maybe is just because I had not so good experience with a pure rose soap I gave awaway to my wife for legs shaving at the end.

From all your comments I also understand my doubts about some of other scents, and is why I asked your help.

I see now if trying this famous YRP or maybe looking to some other brand can give me a top performing shave and post-shave....

Y/R/P looks to be a real winner! I was hesitant because of the rose inside, but maybe is just because I had not so good experience with a pure rose soap I gave awaway to my wife for legs shaving at the end.

From all your comments I also understand my doubts about some of other scents, and is why I asked your help.

I see now if trying this famous YRP or maybe looking to some other brand can give me a top performing shave and post-shave....
I can suggest wholly kaw chypre rose concerto. Or anything from them really.

Scents are so subjective you are best to try samples first. The one thing people won’t argue about DG is the soap performance.

I can suggest wholly kaw chypre rose concerto. Or anything from them really.
Like the poster before me, scent is subjective. Unfortunately, I do not care for many of the Wholly Kaw scents, at least when smelled off the puck. I do own a Washington Blend that is ok but not a repeat buy. I do like La Fougere Parfaite and love Pompelmo. The rest, I can say I do not care for.

YMMV.

If all season is what you are after, I would go with Trismegistus. The collab scents are great don't get me wrong, but all are seasonal imo. My 2 cp

As to the DG/CL collaboration choices my top 3 favorites are Vide Poche, Santal Auster and the Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli which I did not find to be heavy “rosey”.
You unfortunately will likely need a successful WTB to shake loose the first two however.

If the OP wants to avoid soaps strong on the rose-forward influence, WK Chypre Rose is probably the last thing he would want.
You find rose concerto more rose prominent than Y/R/P?
I've never tried Y/R/P but I don't find rose concerto rose prominent at all; kind of want to try it now.

Top Bottom