What's new

Help me choose a new Bay Rum

A lot of thumbs up here then for the PAA atomic age bay rum, looks like that’s what i might be getting then.

What's the difference between Atomic Age and this one? I don't know - I don't see anything in the descriptions that differ, they both are straight BR's with no other scent added?

1574007097017.png

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I like the Ogallala Extra Strong. VIBR is good too. Layrite #9 is maybe my favorite. Masters is one I used to like and haven't used in a while. I used to get it just because Sallys carried it. Haven't seen it lately. Then again, I haven't been in a sallys lately, either.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It's hard to beat vintage Avon Bay Rum. But the Bootleggers Bay Rum and the Bootleggers Lime Bay Rum are also excellent.

Never tried it, but the Cat o' nine tails has to be good, with that awesome name.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of Captains Choice, but the prettiest woman in the world favours Ogalalla.....I think it smells wonderful on her.
I still get to wear both, and they do mix well.....

I just picked up a bottle of WSP Bay Rum. It is really good! No clove, and a nice blend of scents. This and PAA Atomic Age are my current favs.

I’ve got both Atomic Age and Classico. To my nose, Atomic Age is like a well-aged red wine, and Classico is more like a crisp Chardonnay. Both are amazing—my two favorite true bay rums.

Thanks! I have both samples coming. I am all of a sudden interested in Bay Rum since PAA took out the clove scent and, sampling their Pineapple & Bay Rum, I realize now that it's the CLOVES that I didn't like all along.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Phoenix Shaving has some real winners.

Atomic Age
Space Nog
Classico

Barrister and Mann is excellent.

Try the Bootlegger's Bay Rum mix if you're feeling adventurous. It's a mix of three Bay Rums that creates one with a nice scent and longevity.

Don't try Superior 70 Bay Rum straight or it'll taint every BR after. The pure clean Bay scent is untouchable, and though it doesn't last long it's just so nice and light.

Try everything else on your list first, then slap on some Sup 70. You'll see.

The only thing more varied than Bay Rums, are people's perceptions of them.
The one I was most disappointed in was Taylor's. I expected better from them.
St John's was a little better. Nothing to write home about...but wearable.
Clubman was surprisingly good, especially considering the price. I would get it again.
My favourite though, is Col. Conk.
Pungent, complex, but natural smelling...and not clove heavy.
A criticism common to all of them, of course, is that they don't last very long.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
The only thing more varied than Bay Rums, are people's perceptions of them.
The one I was most disappointed in was Taylor's. I expected better from them.
St John's was a little better. Nothing to write home about...but wearable.
Clubman was surprisingly good, especially considering the price. I would get it again.
My favourite though, is Col. Conk.
Pungent, complex, but natural smelling...and not clove heavy.
A criticism common to all of them, of course, is that they don't last very long.

My biggest Bay Rum disappointment was Royall Bay Rhum. My wife bought me a bottle as a gift and I thought it was so bad, I ended up pouring it down the sink. She hated it also and after smelling it told me never to wear it. This stuff goes for $50 a bottle. Nice bottle though! I saved the bottle and use it for Bootlegger's.

Top Bottom