What's new

help lathering Musgo Real

Hello!

I love the scent of Musgo Real but can't get a decent lather out of it even if my life dependeded on it! Anyone care to give me a few pointers on how to lather it?

1.Soak your brush
2.Shake the excess water out of it
3.Squeeze about 1 inch of the cream on the end of your brush
4.In a circular motion rub on your face until it starts to lather and it will lather up
5.Add water as needed and you will need it

5 easy steps to later this wonderful cream.Enjoy

Paul

cegadede --

Musgo is a 'thirsty' cream, so gradually add drops of water as you mix. You'll be surprised how much water you eventually add to the mix, but Musgo makes a fine lather.

-- John Gehman

It also almost seems gummy when you start. I like my short lofted brushes with this cream for that reason.

I agree with the above. Add a few drops of water while making the lather. Just a few drops and it won't be soupy or watery and should build a good lather.

Musgo Real works quite well both with and without a brush. I do find that when I use a brush I have to watch to get the mix right for the amount of cream being used. I found that MR was just a bit finicky with the brush.

As others have said, MR tends to have a different water/cream ratio than many other creams. I bowl lather, and usually start out on the dry side and gradually add water until it looks right. I've tried adding the water right off the bat in the bottom of the bowl along with the typical almond-sized dob of cream, but have had mixed results that way.

As others have said, MR tends to have a different water/cream ratio than many other creams. I bowl lather, and usually start out on the dry side and gradually add water until it looks right. I've tried adding the water right off the bat in the bottom of the bowl along with the typical almond-sized dob of cream, but have had mixed results that way.

This is perhaps the most important thing, in my opinion, for lathering Musgo Real: start with a brush with very little water in it. Add water, a few drops at a time, until the lather looks fine.

Espero ter ajudado, cegadede!

cegadede --

Musgo is a 'thirsty' cream, so gradually add drops of water as you mix. You'll be surprised how much water you eventually add to the mix, but Musgo makes a fine lather.

-- John Gehman

I find Musgo cream's affinity for water on par with that of Cella soap. A little squeezed on to a soaked and squeezed brush, followed by face lathering, adding water step by step, produces a gorgeous lather.

David

As you've heard, Musgo loves water as goes with IMO all products with lanolin.

If you think you've put enough water, just dip the tips of the brush water or just add a few sprinkles more.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I confirm the hints above, just add a few drops of water, step by step as you lather. Musgo Real is a fantastic lanolin based shaving cream.

It may just not work for you. I like my creams on the wetter side anyway, but couldn't get a decent lather from Musgo, despite doing what what people are suggesting here.

+1 on MR being a thirsty cream ... I add about 3~4 times as much water to MR as I do with any other cream, and more than I do for most soaps.

And I've found that MR works best with a thin lather. Don't expect the fluffy white whisps like you'll see from other creams. I like MR lather to be so thin and so wet that it almost falls off my face ... but the important thing is, it shaves great.

IMO to make a great lather with Musgo you will need more product and less water. Start with a damp brush, squeeze as much water as you can. Lather will start very dry, but then you can start adding some drops of water. This is the best way, because if you start with too much water it's all ruined. But I have to agree that Musgo isn't easy to lather.

Tried Musgo for the first tie yesterday, loved it. It did take some extra water than the other creams, but so far my new favorite cream.

Top Bottom