What's new

Help in identifying a gillette.

Hi all...here's a find from a local antique store. Pretty heavy 3 piece....can't find a match anywhere. There is a code on the baseplate that corresponds to 1907, but there is also an engraving on the handle that gives a pat date of Jan 1920 (it's tough to read.)

anyone know what this is?

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 73
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 72
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 73
I think you may have a New Improved Aristocrat there, sir, but I'm no expert. I'm sure you'll get positive identification from one of the resident experts. In any event, that's a gorgeous razor. Nice score!

Without a box I think it is hard to tell which set it came from, perhaps a New Standard...Serial number indicates its from 1928.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I believe it is a New Standard razor that would have been known by the name of its case (New Standard, Richwood, Belmont, etc). It looks like a 1929 date code to me. I have a similar razor, but it is not nearly in as good of condition. Nice find!

I find that model to be pretty aggressive on my face. I do love the weight and balance however.

Wow guys....thank you so much for the info! Was too unusual and in too good a shape to pass up. May have to be next week's razor!

So, loaded up the new with an Astra SP....holy cow what a shave! Astounding razor! Lost angle on an atg for a sec and have a slight spot of razor burn....but what a shave!

This might just supplant my Aristocrat as my number 1 razor.

Top Bottom