What's new

Help in finding similar brush.

Hi everyone,
I was given this Frank Shaving brush a while back and love the knot. But I totally hate how small the handle is.
I am looking for a very similar brush that is under 50 bucks and is 4.5 inches or longer with the same kind of knot.
I do have to admit I am not a very knowledgeable brush person. But I do love how this one brush lathers my face.
Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• 20220511_195643.jpg
    20220511_195643.jpg
    629.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220512_051405.jpg
    20220512_051405.jpg
    683.1 KB · Views: 18

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
A Simpson Trafalgar T3 would have a larger handle, and it would be about the same brush knot size, your brush knot looks big, like maybe a 28mm knot, and the Trafalgar T3 is too I believe.

1652536168470.png

West Coast shaving has this brush for $31.49 cents right now.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
If you dont care about that handle, then not a big deal to destroy it in the process of removing and preserving the knot.
Then it's a simple matter of measuring and locating a donor handle.
Lots of options available on various auction sites.
There are tutorials here on how to do that.
You should be at least familiar with some basic tools, if not comfortable with them.
An alternative might be to contact Rudy Vey, and see if he could make a handle for you and transplant the knot.
He's very reasonable and is a superb craftsman

If you dont care about that handle, then not a big deal to destroy it in the process of removing and preserving the knot.
Then it's a simple matter of measuring and locating a donor handle.
Lots of options available on various auction sites.
There are tutorials here on how to do that.
You should be at least familiar with some basic tools, if not comfortable with them.
An alternative might be to contact Rudy Vey, and see if he could make a handle for you and transplant the knot.
He's very reasonable and is a superb craftsman
Thanks I think I will contact him.

That would be the best option I think Gobucks01. Even when you get the exact knot from the same manufacturer, you will get some variance in how the hair feels even if it is in the same batch. If it's in the same batch it will be more similar than not, but new batches are more noticeable. It looks like you have a 3-band Silvertip knot there. Doesn't look like the manchurian silvertip grade. Contacting Frank Shaving for just a knot is an option, but I don't think you'd be able to keep it under that cost even for just a knot.

Maybe buying a Maseto could get something similar. I think they have long handled options. It's just the knots aren't as lofty as what you have pictured, and that will definitely make a difference. You might like that difference, or you might not.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Thats a good idea actually, he's got some good ones that could be used for the purpose. Unfortunately, the seller is gone again until June 15th. Anyways, this is my Maseto Avatar 30 knot 56 loft 2-band silver tipped badger brush.

Brand new...
proxy.php

Used...
proxy.php

Still thinking about it. Was a bit more to change it over then I wanted to spend.
Rudy has been very informative.

Top Bottom