What's new

Help IDing a Schick Injector

picked it up at an antique shop today.

Eversharp Schick Injector on the case. Eversharp Hydromagic on the razor. Everything is shiny and gold, no plate loss on the razor or injector thingy. Black plastic stuff is all pretty, black and intact. I guess if I had to rate it according to guideliness it would be in excellent condition, but the top of the case has some minor scratching, but nothing deep and it's still VERY see through. One blade still in the injector and a new one from injector in razor (I had to figure out how it worked...blades are shiny and sharp looking...ran it over my arm and it's surprisingly sharp, I might actually try to shave with it.

just getting a feel for what it's worth. I'm new to all of this and I'm still exploring the 9 Gillettes I've acquired the last couple of months, blades etc. An injector looks like something I'd like to try at some point, and I have two stores that have a ridiculous amount of vintage straights for sale too, I'll probably try one soon...I'll take some pictures if there are any people that collect straights...they all look to be in good condition...blades anyway.

thanks
proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
That is the Eversharp "Hydro-magic". It was made from 1955 to 1958 according to Alan Appleby's "The Schick Injector Razor, history, development and identification guide". In his article, Mr. Appleby identifies this as the "Type I2" Razor.

This is my favorite injector razor of the several models I've tried. I used one for a couple of years in my youth. :001_smile

Regards,
Tom

Last edited:
awesome. I just shaved with it. I don't know if that was one of the orginal blades in the case, but it was at least as sharp as a Derby. Pretty aggressive, like an Gillette adjustable on about a 7, but I don't know if I was getting the angle right. Nice shave though.

Anyone interested in buying this and if so, what is it worth? I'll try to take some better pics before I put it up on BST.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
awesome. I just shaved with it. I don't know if that was one of the orginal blades in the case, but it was at least as sharp as a Derby. Pretty aggressive, like an Gillette adjustable on about a 7, but I don't know if I was getting the angle right. Nice shave though.

Anyone interested in buying this and if so, what is it worth? I'll try to take some better pics before I put it up on BST.

Be sure to read this before you post on BST

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18590

Top Bottom