What's new

Help Identifying

I won a bid on eBay for $8. It included an Old Spice mug (which is what I really wanted) a ratty brush, and this razor. I cleaned it up and I think it is a 1930s NEW Ball Handle razor.

On the underside it has Gillette inside a diamond logo and Made in U.S.A.

On the handle down by the ball end it says "Pat. Jan. 13, 1920 U.S.A" and under that "Other Patents Pending".

Very, Very nice for 8$!! :thumbup1:

It looks, from the picture, that yours has nice plating - most of the NEWs that I've seen lately have a copper colored cap from the gold plating being worn (or scrubbed) off. That would make it worth way more than what you paid for it!!

Nice score, and a great shaving razor to boot!!

Enjoy! :biggrin1:

I'm using this razor tomorrow morning with a gillette green 7 o'clock blade.

Well, I shaved with it and I'm not sure I'll do it again any time soon. It wasn't a bad shave, in fact it was pretty smooth, but I did get some weepers and I thought I was past those for the most part.

Anyway, back to my Feather SS for a while and then I'll give my Fat Boy a spin.

Well, I shaved with it and I'm not sure I'll do it again any time soon. It wasn't a bad shave, in fact it was pretty smooth, but I did get some weepers and I thought I was past those for the most part.

Anyway, back to my Feather SS for a while and then I'll give my Fat Boy a spin.

The New requires a slightly different technique that you have to get used to. You still may not like it and it shaves pretty closely, but don't give up on it yet. Revisit it sometime in the future. I like Israeli Personas (not the Red Pack), Astras, Gillette Yellows and Iridiums in mine.

The New requires a slightly different technique that you have to get used to. You still may not like it and it shaves pretty closely, but don't give up on it yet. Revisit it sometime in the future. I like Israeli Personas (not the Red Pack), Astras, Gillette Yellows and Iridiums in mine.

I will revisit for sure. I've not used that blade either so that might have been it too.

Top Bottom