What's new

Help Identifying This Razor

Hey guys, apologies for the not so perfect picture but can anyone take a shot at identifying this razor?

Attachments

• What Razor.png
    What Razor.png
    214.1 KB · Views: 59
R

romsitsa

If it head can be unscrewed from the handle, maybe a Gillette ABC on a third party handle. If the base plate is secured to the handle, something European.

Adam

R

romsitsa

If it head can be unscrewed from the handle, maybe a Gillette ABC on a third party handle. If the base plate is secured to the handle, something European. The knob reminds me of Italian razors.

Adam

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have nothing with that photo. As mentioned by Adam, you really need to unscrew the head from the handle and have a closer look.

The picture is from a guy who has a few razors for sale and this was one of them. The pins in the cap don’t look Gillette-ish I don’t think and the end of the handle looks chiseled or shaped.

I think I've got it. While pursuing other info on another type of Canadian razor, I ran across this article on Badger & Blade.

Low and behold, this picture comes up. Exact same razor. I think there is some question regarding the model but I'll have to re-read the article.

1579667978424.png

Also link to another thread. Seems to be an oddity of sorts. A Canadian specific handle is the thought.

This is the one I purchased. From what I've been told, these are pocket edition razors. I'm told they are the same vintage as the ornate U.S. engraved pocket edition razors. The Canadian plant did not have the trained personnel available to do engraving so they came up with their own handle design. Believe these were also produced around the same time as the smooth handle and smooth ball handle Canadian razors. The year is around the 1910 to 1913 or a bit later.

Attachments

• IMG_1978.JPG
    IMG_1978.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1995.JPEG
    IMG_1995.JPEG
    637.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1999.JPEG
    IMG_1999.JPEG
    942.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2001.JPEG
    IMG_2001.JPEG
    786.3 KB · Views: 11
This is the one I purchased. From what I've been told, these are pocket edition razors. I'm told they are the same vintage as the ornate U.S. engraved pocket edition razors. The Canadian plant did not have the trained personnel available to do engraving so they came up with their own handle design. Believe these were also produced around the same time as the smooth handle and smooth ball handle Canadian razors. The year is around the 1910 to 1913 or a bit later.
Razor is what is know to be a Gillette Canadian Nut End Pocket Edition.

Very cool. I love Canadian razors.

I already have a Canadian Pocket edition though and not really a fan of the Old Type. Thank goodness or my RAD would kick in looking for one of those!

Great find.

Very cool. I love Canadian razors.

I already have a Canadian Pocket edition though and not really a fan of the Old Type. Thank goodness or my RAD would kick in looking for one of those!

Great find.
I was lucky to find it. As for RAD, I am still struggling with it. :w00t:

As others have noted it is the Canadian Pocket Edition (nut end solid handle). I have one too. Very aggressive shave.View attachment 1105166View attachment 1105171
Wow!? That’s like brand new. Case and all!! Where did you find that beauty? Also, what year would you peg it at?
As far as the shave, yes aggressive. I prefer a Goodwill or New to this razor. I also have a solid handle smooth ball razor that I assume would be the same vintage as my nut end. It also has no markings except for the serial number.

Top Bottom