What's new

Help Identifying This Razor - Please

Hi folks.

I’m very happy to be a part of this group. I’ve been shaving with a safety razor for a number of years (nothing fancy - old Wilkinson primarily), but never really gave it any thought that there would be such a following/movement/group around it.

I feel vindicated :).

I just picked this up at an antique shop and am not positive as to what it is. I read the sticky and did the interactive identifier (suggested it was a rocket) but would love input from the group. Clearly I have done nothing to clean it - that will be next.

Also - any idea about the rolls razor was included as well?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Josh

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Yes, an Aristocrat Jr. in a mismatched case. Don’t fret the mismatch. That shaver is one of Gillette’s greatest. Clean it up and enjoy!

The rolls razor is only part of the set, the rest has a case with a hone side and a strop side. The case is used to sharpen and strop the blade that you have with 1 motion for each side. The case holds everthing including the handle for the blade. Its basically a straight razor on a stick, you can search on the web "rolls razor" and see what its all about.

Larry

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Lovely razor. Give it a spa and have a shave and then let us know what you think of it.

Agreed Cal, could also be a British Rocket Super Speed as well.

Larry
From the photos I could find, Larry:
1642647786873.png

that could well be, but the Rocket has "Patent Pending" on the bottom of its baseplate, whereas the Aristocrat Junior has the same Patent number as the OP's.

Top Bottom