What's new

Help identifying Bluebeard's Revenge and Kai blades

I got some helpful recommendations for blades a few days ago and decided to act on it. I ordered a sample pack of 30 and got:

Gillette Nacet
Astra Superior Platinum
Gillette 7 O Clock Russian Super Stainless
Gillette Silver Blue
Shark Super Stainless
Personna Platinum Chrome
Perma Sharp
The Bluebeards Revenge
Voskhod
Kai Stainless Steel
Dorco Titan Stainless
Parker Premium
Feather Platinum Yellow
Elios Inoxidable
Treet Dura Sharp Blue

The Personnas were replaced with Wilkinson Swords, but I have two blades with nothing written on them, and by elimination they must be either the Bluebeard's Revenge or the Kai's. The only difference between them is that one of them has wax spots on the inside of the wrapper and the other doesn't.

Could anyone who is familiar with these two blades tell me which one has wax spots inside the wrapper and which one doesn't?

I used KAI for many years preferring their slight less sharpness compared to Feather.

As mentioned KAI doesn’t have wax spots which is awesome since it keeps the razor head from getting sticky.

However, after having experience Gillette Platinum Plus (no longer available) I realized that KAIs are lacking in smoothness.

So, according to various sites and sources, Kai does not use wax or glue, but I just got a confirmation from Bluebeards that they don't use it either.

This is annoying.

So, according to various sites and sources, Kai does not use wax or glue, but I just got a confirmation from Bluebeards that they don't use it either.

This is annoying.

Kai is a plain blade in a plain white semi-glossy wrapper with no wax dots. I have never seen a Bluebeard blade so can't help you there.

20230302_062843.jpg

I used KAI for many years preferring their slight less sharpness compared to Feather.

As mentioned KAI doesn’t have wax spots which is awesome since it keeps the razor head from getting sticky.

However, after having experience Gillette Platinum Plus (no longer available) I realized that KAIs are lacking in smoothness.
Wow, that's surprising to hear. To me KAIs are pretty much the smoothest as it can get.

OK, thanks for the replies, folks. Although Bluebeards Revenge say that they don't use glue or anything like that, the seller emailed me this picture.
IMG_20230302_135031.jpg

There were no logos on the wrappers. It turned out that the Kai's didn't have any glue or wax, whereas the Bluebeards do.

Top Bottom