What's new

Help identifying a Schick injector

Can you help me identify this razor? From this table I think it is an E type. What else should I know about it? It also says the red case is WW2 and relatively rare? Thanks for helping me learn!

Si1.jpeg
Si2.jpeg

I think it's the following... But I could be wrong. I know some people know the year and type by what is printed on the round portion

Schick Injector Razor
Deluxe Model
Magazine Repeating Razor Co.

1935-1945

Patent: 1806087

Return to Top of Table
First Schick with amber bakelite handle.
Head form that was used up to 1954.
Variations based on handle & head finish.

E1: Flat Head spring with tabs
E2: Round spring with flaps

Spring moved left to open the
blade clamp for washing.

Package: a black bakelite box (like D),
or gold and red cardboard box.

E2 to E5: spring fixed in place at sides.

E3: bar guard gets parallel grooving

E4: Side flaps removed from spring

E5: Rarely seen with black handle.

Packaging:

Domed leather over metal clam shell in:
brown (common) with 20 year guarantee,
blue (scarce) likely WW2 Navy issue or
red (rarest) always WW2 armed forces.

Various cardboard boxes (blue is common)

Bakelite case in black or brown (Canada)
Traditional Head.
Round spring, side flaps,
(early: flat with tabs).
Right side spring
restraint or restraints
on both sides.

Carmel Bakelite Handle.

Bar Guard with
irregular striations.

I'd say E-3. The grooves give it away. Even though I can't see the tabs that hold the spring. Guessing it has one on each side. Great Injector Razors. Learn it and enjoy. You can't go wrong with a Schick! It is one of the more aggressive models. So if you feel its too much for you, look into an L or M type.

The things to look for, as posted above by another member, (BTW, Both of the links posted above are great to help identify Schick Razors).
1. Does it have the Seem going down the middle on the handle? NO.
2. Is the Spring flat of curved? Curved.
3. Does the spring slide to the left so that the head can be opened for cleaning? NO.
4. Does the safety bar has lines or is it smooth? Lined.
5. Then you compare the colors as some colors are not as bold as others.

You have an E-3 in my opinion. I'm no pro when it comes to the Schick razors but I do have a few...

IMG_20230126_080345770.jpg

And I know we have a couple more guys who have more knowledge than I do on Schicks that may pop in.

BTW, If your E-3 can jump the tab it's because someone bent it. It's not designed to move. A lot of them have been bent over the years to open and clean. It is hard to get them back exactly right and tight again. But it's not like it destroys them. I've opened my share.

And yes, These are all Schicks. Even the two DE's are Schicks. But that's another story.

Last edited:
I'd say E-3. The grooves give it away. Even though I can't see the tabs that hold the spring. Guessing it has one on each side. Great Injector Razors. Learn it and enjoy. You can't go wrong with a Schick! It is one of the more aggressive models. So if you feel its too much for you, look into an L or M type.
Before jumping from the hot water into the cold water, so to speak, I would first consider one the medium-aggression injectors, such as a Type G or a Type I.

Thank you all for helping me learn more about this razor! I got it for ~$10 shipped and it seems like a good find. If, judging from the red case, it is an WW2 armed forces version, that adds to the history.

Yes, I have my Supply SE, which I really enjoy. I have a Stick Schick to try. Then I can try this E3.

Top Bottom