What's new

Help identifying a razor

I was hoping someone could help me identify the maker of this unique double edge razor.

The body of the razor is gold or gold plate while the rest seems to be made of brass. I assume the inset stones are garnet or glass. When the two handles are squeezed together, the barn doors open and extend about 6mm. When the handles are released, the doors snap shut.
IMG_3144.JPG
IMG_3148.JPG
IMG_3145.JPG
IMG_3146.JPG
IMG_3153.JPG

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
This could be right up @ERS4 alley :)
I used to want to buy this shaver because of its odd construction and inverted blade setting.

But then I found out that it was a "body/legs razor", and it was difficult to shave close enough on the face, so I gave up the purchase and forgot the relevant information.

But as far as I know some people in the B&B have this razor, maybe I'll have to try looking at old post.

Last edited:
I used to want to buy this shaver because of its odd construction and inverted blade setting.

But then I found out that it was a "body/legs razor", and it was difficult to shave close enough on the face, so I gave up the purchase and forgot the relevant information.

But as far as I know some people in the B&B have this razor, maybe I'll have to try looking at old post.
I would appreciate that. I'm going to give it a shot and see if it's aggressive enough for a face shave. I think I'll use a Kai blade to bump up the efficiency since they're wider than other double edge blades.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
That’s a Circlette.
Thanks a lot, knowing the name makes it easier to find old posts.
Last night, I could only search and fall asleep based on the picture in my mind.
Can anyone help identify this razor? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/can-anyone-help-identify-this-razor.523109/#post-9120445

Remember that Circlette uses some materials that can rust, so the brand initially recommended dry shaving with talcum powder.
Be aware of possible changes caused by water and lather.

Thanks a lot, knowing the name makes it easier to find old posts.
Last night, I could only search and fall asleep based on the picture in my mind.
Can anyone help identify this razor? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/can-anyone-help-identify-this-razor.523109/#post-9120445

Remember that Circlette uses some materials that can rust, so the brand initially recommended dry shaving with talcum powder.
Be aware of possible changes caused by water and lather.
Thank you so much for the information, gentlemen. Very much appreciated.

I wasn't sure if the bag that came with the razor was original or not. According to the information that you posted, it's a 'Skinner-satin drawstring bag'. Very cool.

Have any of you guys tried to shave with it?

I have 2 of these. The shave is smooth and efficient. You can't cut or nick yourself with it. Truly a unique design. Afaik they came in a little clear plastic box as shown.
IMG_4332.jpeg
100_5771.JPG
100_5760.JPG
100_5769b.JPG
100_5768.JPG

Forget the talcum powder, it works great with shaving soap. Use it. You can swipe whiskers away with abandon.

Thank you, @HDSledge. I love trying out all these oddball razors and very much appreciate knowledgeable B&B members providing me with the proper information regarding them.

I'm in a blade PIF right now, but as soon as that's over I'm going to put a blade in the Circlette and give it a shot. I am thinking that it may shave similarly to a Bigelow-Parker travel razor.

Thank you, @HDSledge. I love trying out all these oddball razors and very much appreciate knowledgeable B&B members providing me with the proper information regarding them.

I'm in a blade PIF right now, but as soon as that's over I'm going to put a blade in the Circlette and give it a shot. I am thinking that it may shave similarly to a Bigelow-Parker travel razor.
Circlette is much smoother and safer since the BP cap and base are the same general config as any other DE. The guard teeth on the Circlette are tiny and do a better job of preventing cuts and nicks. It is very mild though and in certain spots requires a second pass. I have a moustache so have no experience under the nose with it. I suspect it may be a bit unwieldy in that area.

Circlette is much smoother and safer since the BP cap and base are the same general config as any other DE. The guard teeth on the Circlette are tiny and do a better job of preventing cuts and nicks. It is very mild though and in certain spots requires a second pass. I have a moustache so have no experience under the nose with it. I suspect it may be a bit unwieldy in that area.
Thank you. I'll report back after I shave with the Circlette.

@Gryffindor - Here's a photo of that satin bag from the pics. Also, a photo of the Williams razor we were discussing a few months ago. The nickel plating came out very nice.
IMG_3163.JPG

Top Bottom