What's new

Help identifying a razor

I was initially reluctant to make a standalone post for this, but my insufferable curiosity got the best of me.

I recently received a razor with no script to indicate its brand. Only three squiggle marks on the "front" of the tang and the number 2 on the reverse. It has some age, but it's unclear how much. Based on the discoloration of the scales on the front, it has spent some time in the sun. Any idea what it is or where I can go to find out?
20200113_123541.jpg

20200112_200734.jpg

It could be a Curtin and Clark Cutlery Co razor. They were a hardware importer based out of St Joseph's/Kansas City. I have seen several different versions of their logo (CCC CCCC CCoC C.C.C., etc) on razors and pocketknives but never one with those squiggles.

It could be a Curtin and Clark Cutlery Co razor. They were a hardware importer based out of St Joseph's/Kansas City. I have seen several different versions of their logo (CCC CCCC CCoC C.C.C., etc) on razors and pocketknives but never one with those squiggles.
Thank you. Not sure it's a Curtin and Clark, but using that info I renewed my Google investigation and found that it could also be a Cattaraugus Cutlery Co. straight. That's also not certain, as there were a half dozen other Cxxx Cutlery Co, and I couldn't find anything definitive that tied the squiggly CCC to Cattaraugus.

Top Bottom