What's new

Help identify this travel kit

61B76F79-333C-49F4-9E1A-C7633F5B9ECF.jpeg
5CD5E135-C1F0-4A06-B8B6-BE4A0B9A7014.jpeg
Recently a good friend of mine gave me a variety of shave stuff she won at a silent auction. Among them was this very small travel razor kit. I think this may be a Gillette travel tech from 1951 but am not 100% sure. Here are some photos. Interesting side note; the shave stick container has a full stick of shave soap.

Cool set!
The head looks like a Gillette, from what I can see. The handle may be too, I believe there is an extra piece hiding inside of it though. Gillette made at least a few versions of a 4 piece Tech, but I don't think I've seen a n exact match to yours. The case may or may not be Gillette, I think were made by other companies and added the razors to them. Here's a link to an old thread with some similar examples.
Rarely seen Gillette 4 piece Tech pre-war triangular base plate

Cool set!
The head looks like a Gillette, from what I can see. The handle may be too, I believe there is an extra piece hiding inside of it though. Gillette made at least a few versions of a 4 piece Tech, but I don't think I've seen a n exact match to yours. The case may or may not be Gillette, I think were made by other companies and added the razors to them. Here's a link to an old thread with some similar examples.

+1! I agree, it looks like part of the handle is either missing or ‘telescoped’ inside the section you have.

Cool set!
My razor in question is indeed a 4 piece razor. The handle has a piece in it that unscrews out. The canister on the left of the razor has a full stick of shave soap in it.

Top Bottom