What's new

Help ID an aristocrat

hello all,

I’m a straight razor guy but I found this aristocrat in the wild today for $15 and picked it up. It appears to be missing the blade bank but I still thought it was a great deal with only one crack in the usual spot . All teeth are straight and accounted for . Can anyone else tell me more about it ? Also what is the best way to clean up the patina and razor in general? Can I use some mothers polish? Any suggestions or recommendations appreciated .

TIA,

0502E507-4609-4CB4-88A9-FD588FAE5A79.jpeg ADB5B721-CC9D-433F-BFF9-FEB4A239BEE0.jpeg 914678A1-A055-4C07-A610-36F102F36C01.jpeg 3BB41F72-C01B-4B21-A09D-ADC7E8363DEC.jpeg

Good looking Aristocrat and great find!!! I generally start with warm water and dawn dish soap and a soft toothbrush. You can also use Scrubbing Bubbles without bleach. The experts will be along soon to let you know more about it.

Tom

R

romsitsa

Hello,

nice, but a missmatch, New Improved Tuckaway razor in a US Aristocrat case.

Adam

Well , I’ll take the case for a future aristocrat purchase ! Also a nice razor , what year might this razor be ? , what would be the best cleanup method ? Any suggestions there ?

Thanks a lot guys !! I appreciate the ID

Beautiful razor and case! May be a mismatch, but still well worth the price and then some. Congrats and enjoy!

Hello,

nice, but a mismatch, New Improved Tuckaway razor in a US Aristocrat case.

Adam
Adam is correct, the New Improved is a supper sweet shave. If I had to pick just one more than likely the Tuckaway would be it. Is the handel crack free?

Thanks for the comments !! There is Only one small crack which I thought was pretty good based on most I’ve seen.

Are the tuck away’s more rare or valuable than the aristocrats? Sorry for the newbie questions, I don’t have the slightest clue when it comes to DE’s but I’m slowly starting to get Into them as a collector and to use for touch ups and on the go shaving .

Last edited:
Top Bottom