What's new

Help ID a Pitiful Gillette

So, this fairly pitiful razor followed me home from a local antique store. The handle is trash. Was cut, maybe to be a travel razor, and it's split all the way up. The head looks salvageable. Slightly bent corner tooth. And yes, it still had a blade in it! I know it's either an Old, or a New Improved, but not knowledgeable enough to distinguish between them yet. So just what is this stray mutt dog I felt compelled to rescue? I mean, come on! I couldn't just leave it there to suffer!

IMG_0639.JPG
IMG_0640.JPG
IMG_0642.JPG

For 2.00, it deserves another chance. Anybody else ever compelled to Razor Rescue?

That's a 1920's Old. It's missing the ball on the end of the handle. Clean it up, put another handle on it and get yourself a great shave. :thumbsup:

Yep, '21~'28 Old type. The handle isn't cut, just missing the ball end. Best razor ever made, I have several.

I don't s'pose there's a date code on the other side of that base plate....

Long soak, scrubby scrubby with the tooth brush, more soak, more scrubby scrubby, new handle. Nice 100 year old razor.

I don't s'pose there's a date code on the other side of that base plate....

Long soak, scrubby scrubby with the tooth brush, more soak, more scrubby scrubby, new handle. Nice 100 year old razor.

Nope, no markings other than bottom of baseplate. And it's soaking as we speak!:a17:

Gotta make sure it doesn't have fleas before I introduce it to the rest of the pack.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I generally have to draw the line somewhere ... as you know, I have a hard time passing up a lot of what I find.

But in that case, I would have left it there, just sayin'.

Top Bottom