What's new

Help! I no longer like the soap I love!

You might also try Long Rifle. I love the way their soaps lather and the do have a bay rum. I like tallow soaps!
My favorite performing Bay Rum is Long Rifle. Lathers so easily and is very slick and protective. Its also pretty economical. My favorite Bay Rum scents though are B&M and Captains Choice. I really like Mike's also.

Ogallala Bay Rum is still one of my favorites. I used the BR with Limes & Peppercorn today with the matching AS. I also have their BR & Sandalwood and BR with Sweet Orange. I have many of the top tier soaps like GD, DG, Nuavia, SV etc but Ogallala is always a pleasure to use. I have no issues with the lather, just load heavy with a damp brush and slowly add water. Very pleasing!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@sdimartino : you could try finding an unscented shave cream to mix with the Ogallas that you like the properties of and make a "Frankensoap" that might please you. That way you wouldn't waste your hard earned money.

I grew up in the 1950s with the smell of clove in my grandmother's house, so I love Ogallala. Nothing else has that strong scent of clove. Unfortunately, the soap is not a great performer for me. While I love the Ogallala aftershave and keep a puck of Ogallala shave soap on hand, after a few shaves, the shave soap usually winds up in the shower. I've tried many bay rum shave soaps, with my favorite being Captain's Choice. The worst smelling and performing of the bay rum soaps was Col Conk, which I tossed in the trash after 1 use. SRD West Indies Bay was my second favorite bay run shave soap until it was discontinued.

Top Bottom