I've done a bit of research and watched some youtube videos of the Wolfman WR2 but this is going to be (by far) my most expensive DE purchase so I want to make sure I'm considering the right plate for my upcoming WR2 purchase
- A Karve Brass C plate, SB
- Timeless Ti Slim
- Timeless Ti .95 (I find this to have similar aggression as my slim, but not as efficient)
- Timeless Ti .68 (my mild shaver. I use this when I want to give myself a quick single WTG pass and run out the door, expecting to leave a bit of stubble)
- Timeless .45 aluminum - a nice shaver that sits somewhere between the Ti .95 and .68 in efficiency, but smoother than both
- Rex Ambassador: Had this but sold it. I found it a little too aggressive at the best settings for me. At lower settings I had to do too many passes which caused irritation
- Based on the above, it sounds like the WR2 with a 1.05 SB plate might be the best choice based on my findings. What do you think?
- I'm actually interested in the Wolfman because it's supposed to be a very good balance of high efficiency and high smoothness. I'm not particularly tied to this razor or it's $500 price point. Are there others with similar performance? I've heard the Lupo was based on the WR2 but is this confirmed? They don't look like each other and even if this is true, which plate is the Lupo based on?