What's new

HELP . . . goatee is getting dry, itchy, and flaky

Hi Gents: Hope all is well with you and your families. First off .... I have been sporting a goatee for about 15 plus years and I never had a problem until now. Past few days.... my goatee has been itchy, dry, and now flaky (kinda like dandruff).
My question to you is: what do I do? Should I get a dandruff shampoo? This has never happened to me. I hope that you can help. Thanks in advance.

WARHAWK

Strange that it is coming on now, with no issues for so long. I'm wondering if it has to do with a new shampoo, soap, cream, aftershave.....

I've never had a dandruff problem myself, but I know most beard oils say they help with it.

If the skin is red and irritated I would get some 1% hydrocortisone cream and follow the directions.

And get some pine tar soap. :thumbup1:

My eyebrows do that periodically . Its awesome having athletes foot of the face. Working in dandruff shampoo helps me.

My beard flakes have pretty much disappeared over the last week, after I started using a Musgo Real glyce soap to wash my face. :)

i had this issue, upon my chin, started using a lil more oil, and actually used the pipette to apply directly to me problem area, then i worked it in

I use Head & Shoulders on my goatee every time I shower. This stops most problems.

If it gets bad, I have found a trick that works: Use a regular hair comb, and scrub/scratch your skin hard under your goatee. Then use a high-alcohol aftershave (Old Spice is great for this) and rub it in. It will burn like heck, but after a day or two, the itching, etc., goes away.

Top Bottom