What's new

Help Choosing Watch Band

So I was given this watch as a gift. I like the looks of it, but have 2 complaints. 1, it feels slightly too large for me (The strap doesn't feel to wrap around my wrist as much as drop off the watch). 2 is that it has a silicone band that just seems much too thick. If I wear a jacket with this, the band grabs on the jacket constantly. I'm wondering if a nato/nylon band would be a good option? I don't want a leather band, as I want this to be a warm weather watch. Also, advice on colors would be appreciated. Or I'd just end up with a black/charcoal grey something. Thanks!

Attachments

• $IMG_0716[1].jpg
    $IMG_0716[1].jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 91
  • $IMG_0717[1].jpg
    $IMG_0717[1].jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 90
I think nearly any color would work, depending on how causal you are wearing. Black, grey, orange, yellow, green. blue, etc. http://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/ is a decent place to get a variety of low cost straps in different colors. They are not as good or nice as the Maratac Zulu mentioned above, but unless you are looking for a single band to wear for the next 4+ years they are okay

Thanks for everyone's input so far. After looking at the various NATO straps, I thought it would be cool to get one with some meaning. It's tough to tell in the pics, but the watch was a gift from the BBVA Compass Bowl game. My sister works for Vanderbilt and passed the watch on to me. So I thought, why not get one in Vandy colors (Black and "Gold"). Of course, gold can mean a lot of things, but in this case it is NOT yellow. I found several black and sand/khaki straps that probably fit the bill fairly well. But when I measured the strap width, I'm getting 24mm and cannot find anything in that color scheme and size. Anyone know a guy who knows a guy on this one?

Top Bottom