What's new

Help a noob ID my Gillette tech

Can you guys help me identity and/or give me some info on the tech i just bought. I THINK it's a Canadian model, which is cool because I'm from Canada. Just trying to figure out what year it might be from and how aggressive it might be compared to others. Any info about it is welcome (ie is this a fat handle?). Techs seem to be one of those must haves so I impulse bought this one.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20220916_211934.jpg
    20220916_211934.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • 20220916_211929.jpg
    20220916_211929.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • 20220916_211858.jpg
    20220916_211858.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 28
  • 20220916_211851.jpg
    20220916_211851.jpg
    865.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 20220916_150200.jpg
    20220916_150200.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38

lasta

Blade Biter
Canadian Tech, beautiful condition! I have the same one.

Impossible to date mine, but check the letter and number on the blades, should be something there about C1, B2 etc.

Thanks for the replies, the blades are unopened, so I'm not sure I want to open them up. Is there a date range I can narrow it down to? That's good enough for me.

The post war techs are the least aggressive I believe right?

Can you guys help me identity and/or give me some info on the tech i just bought. I THINK it's a Canadian model, which is cool because I'm from Canada. Just trying to figure out what year it might be from and how aggressive it might be compared to others. Any info about it is welcome (ie is this a fat handle?). Techs seem to be one of those must haves so I impulse bought this one.

Thanks.
It says Made in Canada on the bottom plate.

lasta

Blade Biter
Thanks for the replies, the blades are unopened, so I'm not sure I want to open them up. Is there a date range I can narrow it down to? That's good enough for me.

The post war techs are the least aggressive I believe right?
Not unless you open them blades!

Canadian Techs are rarer than US, but still far from collectors' items. Personally, curiosity trump any "resale" value.

Go ahead and pop one open.

To me, Canadian Techs are the mildest of the lot. But you'd have to compare top cap thickness between different ones to be sure. Manufacturing tolerance makes more difference than specs.

Check this post and compare yours:

Not unless you open them blades!

Canadian Techs are rarer than US, but still far from collectors' items. Personally, curiosity trump any "resale" value.

Go ahead and pop one open.

To me, Canadian Techs are the mildest of the lot. But you'd have to compare top cap thickness between different ones to be sure. Manufacturing tolerance makes more difference than specs.
I really don't plan on selling it ever either, I just wanted to have a nice example of a tech. I'll pop open the blades when I get home then.

It's been a long time since I've shaven with a DE but I have a weber ph that I used to use a lot. How might this razor compare in aggressiveness/ effectiveness?

Wow very nice! It looks like brand new! :thumbsup: I don't have a fat handle Tech but I shave with my vintage Gillette ball end Tech razors all the time. I don't think Gillette put date codes on razors from 1946-1950?

Top Bottom