What's new

Hello!

Long time lurker, new poster. I've been wet shaving for about 5 years now, what a wild little rabbit hole it's led me down. Quite addictive. Current rotation is as follows:
Razors:
-Timeless Aluminum
-Rockwell 6S (R6 preferred head)
-Merkur 34C
-EJ DE89
-Muhle R89

I've found I prefer feather blades in pretty much everything. I prefer creams vs soaps, likely due to lacking technique in developing a proper lather on the soaps. I've been eying up a Muhle Rocca in birch, so any recommendations for or against will be appreciated.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Long time lurker, new poster. I've been wet shaving for about 5 years now, what a wild little rabbit hole it's led me down. Quite addictive. Current rotation is as follows:
Razors:
-Timeless Aluminum
-Rockwell 6S (R6 preferred head)
-Merkur 34C
-EJ DE89
-Muhle R89

I've found I prefer feather blades in pretty much everything. I prefer creams vs soaps, likely due to lacking technique in developing a proper lather on the soaps. I've been eying up a Muhle Rocca in birch, so any recommendations for or against will be appreciated.

Welcome to Badger & Blade 5 year lurker hehe. :)

You have a good list going there! Maybe in the future you will expand upon it. But if those razors work for you, probably no need. You certainly have more then I!

From what I gather, creams are easier to start off with, when you first get going. However, nothing beats a good brush, and soap lather on your face. When you find the right hard soap puk, no cream is going to compare.

Your next mission, if you so choose to accept it, is get yourself a nice brush, maybe try a synthetic first. Get yourself a nice bowl like the Captains Choice bowls. And pickup some Stirling soaps.

And yes, the ability to whip up a good lather, is much in the technique, its a balancing act of the right amount of water and soap. But when you get the mix ratio right, wow, amazing stuff. A good bowl with ridges in the bottom, help aid in the whipping up time.

Your doing awesome so far. But just don't give up on the standard approach, as with everything, it takes practice. I believe in you! :) Enjoy your stay, and have a bunch of fun, this rabbit hole shaving hobby is the best! 😁

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum from Australia and thanks for checking in with us and sharing your thoughts with us.

Welcome aboard!

To help answer your question I suggest you use the search function to check Rocca reviews. It is generally well regarded.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Welcome to B&B. When you get a chance head over to the Hall of Fame and tell us a little about yourself.

Top Bottom