What's new

Hello!

Hi everyone!
This morning I tried my newly arrived Feather AS-D2 with a Feather blade. I liked it being heavier than the Merkur 33C. The shaving experience was ok, provided I am really inexperienced. I made three passes in order to get a nice close shave; I experienced some minor bleeding which was dealt with with potassium alum. No buring sensation afterwards, even though I used a sandalwood scented aftershave in lieu of aloe vera.
Any thoughts/advice?

Thank you!
Enrico

Try a few more uses with the AS-D2. I find it can take a few shaves to adjust to a new razor. Also, Feather blades are unforgiving, perhaps try another blade as well.

Blades are very personal. I suggest trying a sampler pack and run a variety through the razor. That said, I enjoy Nacet, PermaSharp, and Gillette yellows.

I followed previous advice and got a sampler pack.
This morning I tried Personna blades with the AS-D2. I was able to get a fairly close shave with no irritation, altough I had to do a 3 pass on my jawline as after two passes I did not get a satisfying shave. It might well be because of my poor technique.
I also tried a synthetic brush as I cannot bear anymore using my badger one from an ethical point of view

hello everyone! Tonight my wife told me to go back to my old multiblade cartridge razor as she said results are equal and I get less cuts. I was quite put off although I think that’s because I am just at the beginning. For example, I keep holding the razor just below the blade as I am not confident enough to hold it by the handle… any suggestions?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Dear Enrico @enricovp, in order to avoid razor burn it's not that important what tools you use, but, more properly, how you use them. The key secret for a clean, comfortable shave is the LIGHT TOUCH, with NO PRESSURE on the razor while shaving. Just use the weight of the razor only, proceed slowly and go carefully WTG and XTG.

A belated, very warm welcome to B&B. :001_smile

Top Bottom