What's new

Hello...

Very well written sir. I think this might belong in the wiki. 👍

Welcome to wet shaving @BlueMaxx. I wish you nothing but pleasant shaves from now on!

Not to speak out of turn, but I think it is worthy of a sticky...LOTS of great information in there.

3. Lower the heat!

You do not need to prep your face with hot water. A few years ago people were keeping tea ketttles in their shave dens to heat up their face towels with hot water to prep for the shave. A nice shower is good prep. If you don't do that, by all means hold a wet towel to your face for a while, but warm water will do fine. Temperature will have no effect on your shave, but super hot water in the prep will set you up for irritation. Comfortably warm is fine. Cool is fine. Trust me, it won't affect your shave.

Well I guess I will have to move the Crock Pot outta the bathroom now...:lol1:

Just kidding....but winter may involve a scuttle purchase....just for research of course.

I believe The Captain has a new one coming out :001_cool:

After joining I started “surfing” various forums and threads and he does indeed have one out...and it is beautiful...
Then again so is the Georgetown.....but this is all just “nice to have” stuff to me.

I do not see any harm if one is blessed enough to be able to afford indulging in a hobby you really enjoy and that does add some, even if minimal, value to it.

To add.....throughout my life and different hobbies I have always strived to purchase from small business artisans.
Sometimes ya gotta go with the big guys, but not always.

And when I was at the Captain’s website and saw their “cause” portion on the site to donate part of their profit in order to help support homeless veterans it made me much more inclined to purchase their product.

I went ahead and found it for you, here is the thread

Also, to pile on, The Captain has made some very thoughtful posts that go beyond simply being a vendor so I feel good about recommending his company

Hello,
New member and new to DE shaving...came from a pipe tobacco forum.
Been reading a whole bunch here and decided to join.
Looking forward to sharing my journey into shaving and a new hobby.
Cheers,
M
Welcome and make sure you check out out Brown Leaf forum. Lots of pipe enthusiasts here.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Oh yeah! Forgot about that! I’m having a cigar but I do pipes in the winter. Great tobacco group here. Get your shaving and leaf fix here! 🤣

Top Bottom