What's new

Hello!

Checking in to say hi. Been wet shaving with a DE for 10+ years, after years of shaving with crappy and expensive 4+ blade razors. Currently been using a DE razor from TAOS, along with one of their Silvertip badger brushes and proraso & razorock soaps. I have a lot of issues with ingrown hairs only on one side of the lower part of my neck and occasionally my chin. I’ve tried tons of different dermatological treatments, including going to my the spa my wife frequents and having peels and facials done. I used to use pre shave oil, but the spa has me using Tend Skin Air Shave under my soap, along with Tend Skin post shave and all sorts of other serums and creams (which has the desirable side effect of making me look 33 instead of 43 😂). I just received my first straight razor today from Jarrod at TSS, I got a Dovo 6/8 Bismarck with ebony scales and a Dovo strop with linen backing. Does anyone have any suggestions for a first time straight shaver dealing with ingrowns, or even a solution to the ingrown hairs in general? At this point I’m willing to try anything. Thanks in advance!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your story. I would go to the Straight Razor Forum and check in with the members there. They would have a wealth on knowledge to share with you regarding your foray into Straight Razor shaving.

Glad to have you, welcome! As already said, check the Straight Razor section of the forum, lots of good folks hang out there.

I have heard that a properly honed and stroped straight with good technique will give a better shave with less irritation. I’m not in that league yet so can’t comment from experience. Cold water shaving with good lather and a light touch could help! I’ve gone to cold water shaving and it made a big improvement on the quality of the shave! I use to get irritation on my neck but not any more. Beard mapping is also good to do so you can stay going with the grain at first.

Thank you, I have read so many interesting threads on this forum. I look forward learning more, can I ask a question in any thread?

Top Bottom