What's new

Hello

Hi everyone
I'm new to the forums. I actually joined a while ago but haven't posted anything until now.
I've been wetshaving and collecting vintage razors for the past 10 years. I've accumilated around 60 razors so far, mostly vintage.I also collect vintage grooming sets.
I'm 42 and live in Sydney Australia.
I'll post some of my new recently purchased razors on other threads as i'd like to hopefully get some more information about them from members.

Thank you

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum from about 4 hours drive from your location. Very happy to have you here. Don’t forget to check out the The Great Southern Land Forum in the Barber Shop. All things this end of the world.

Welcome aboard from sweltering Texas! Thank you for sharing! The folks around here are awesome with answering questions. Don't be shy!

Thank you for the welcome Gentlemen.
I just posted a recent purchase on a new thread for identification.
I'll post some photo's of my collection when i get a chance.

I started out with a Gillette TTO as a kid, dabbled with a straight razor, then went on to mostly electric. The double edged blades from 30 years ago are nothing as good as blades available. I finished off 2 remaining ancient Wilkinson Sword blades I found in the back of a bathroom drawer and it reminded me why I went to electric. What took 3 passes with the old blades now can be accomplished with 2 passes, and results are MUCH smoother.
During a stint with some family heirloom Schick Injectors, I saw the variety of blades available in the DE world of shaving & returned to it.

I've amassed a bunch'a TTO razors, from Knack to Fatboy and others in between, and quickly found that not all blades work well in all razors. I also discovered that the 3 piece razors such as the Techs shave better with a larger variety of blades than most TTO's.

What's your favorite vintage razor? I can get my Super Adjustable to shave as well as my Favorite Super Speed, but I really like a couple of Old Styles that work great with almost any blade.

Top Bottom