What's new

Hello!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Welcome to the forum!

This is a fantastic resource for learning and sharing information.

Good choice on Lord blades too. Lord Platinum is a favorite of mine.

If you want to try some soap samples, check out Stirling. Priced pretty well and they last a long time!

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Welcome to B&B. A good shave does not need to cost alot of money.
The every increasing cost of carts is what got me looking for alternatives and finding B&B.

I write this thread to thank all members and administrators of this site and to help people who are new of think about wet shaving. BadgerAndBlade gave me valuable advice for a better, irritation free, economical and healthier shave. The first person who taught me a lot of secrets and supported me much in this attempt of mine is my Cousin, who also suggested me this community. I m 25, live in Greece and for many years had a huge problem shaving with cartridge razors. See, my skin is extra sensitive, my beard curly and thick and my wallet too light for cartridge razors and shaving foams. Imagine that in Greece, where the mean salary is 400 euros, cartridges that last for like a week (for an everyday decent shaving) cost like 2,5 to 3 euros each and the shaving foams... 6 euros a can (average). And the result? For me personally... deadly. After everyday I looked like a leper... Now I use a Parker 24C razor and test several blades, with my favourite being the "Lord" blades (gift of my cousin, very good quality, made in Egypt). I also use the Proraso soap for sensitive skin (although I m thinking of buying a better soap for my next shaves -> already ordered a Tabac soap stick... any opinions?), a proraso pre shave cream, an Osma alum block and Old Spice Original After Shave (and Tabac -> both are my favourite scents). I wrote all these, hoping I inspire people to a great way of shaving that, not only gives me a perfect, irritation free, cheap shave, but also makes me feel like a man (it reminds me of my grandfather, who also used to shave like that). If anyone has any question or wants to propose some products for extra care of extra sensitive skin, please feel free to leave comments. I may answer late, but I ll do my best to join any conversation available!

Again, I thank all of you for your valuable tips and help!
check this bb link from our members tips

Coarse beard razor bump prevention ( African, Indian, Euro ect) info & tips thread.

I write this thread to thank all members and administrators of this site and to help people who are new of think about wet shaving. BadgerAndBlade gave me valuable advice for a better, irritation free, economical and healthier shave. The first person who taught me a lot of secrets and supported me much in this attempt of mine is my Cousin, who also suggested me this community. I m 25, live in Greece and for many years had a huge problem shaving with cartridge razors. See, my skin is extra sensitive, my beard curly and thick and my wallet too light for cartridge razors and shaving foams. Imagine that in Greece, where the mean salary is 400 euros, cartridges that last for like a week (for an everyday decent shaving) cost like 2,5 to 3 euros each and the shaving foams... 6 euros a can (average). And the result? For me personally... deadly. After everyday I looked like a leper... Now I use a Parker 24C razor and test several blades, with my favourite being the "Lord" blades (gift of my cousin, very good quality, made in Egypt). I also use the Proraso soap for sensitive skin (although I m thinking of buying a better soap for my next shaves -> already ordered a Tabac soap stick... any opinions?), a proraso pre shave cream, an Osma alum block and Old Spice Original After Shave (and Tabac -> both are my favourite scents). I wrote all these, hoping I inspire people to a great way of shaving that, not only gives me a perfect, irritation free, cheap shave, but also makes me feel like a man (it reminds me of my grandfather, who also used to shave like that). If anyone has any question or wants to propose some products for extra care of extra sensitive skin, please feel free to leave comments. I may answer late, but I ll do my best to join any conversation available!

Again, I thank all of you for your valuable tips and help!

Welcome to B&B! I think you will enjoy the Tabac shave stick. Tabac happens to be my top favorite shaving soap. :thumbsup:

If you are interested in a chance to win a vintage DE razor and some blades click here.

Welcome @God shave the Queen to the Board....

A question, since you're in Greece, how much are the BIC blades there and are they a popular blade? Have you tried them?

Our house is your house
Nuestra casa es su casa
Notre maision est votre maison
Taigh againn tha taigh agaibh

Top Bottom