What's new

hello new member here

Hello all!
I have been wet shaving with the few DE razors I have for almost 2 years now and instead of lurking I decided to join the forum. Wet shaving with a DE razor has been the best and least expensive option for me. At first there was a learning curve but once I got the hang of it there was no turning back. I can't believe I didn't switch from disposable razors years ago.

Back in Dec. 2020 the first DE razor I got was the new Wilkinson Sword one with the 5 pack of blades. I also got the Wilkinson shave brush and the Wilkinson shave soap. Then I bought three vintage Gillette Tech ball end razors a vintage Gillette speed razor and a couple of cheap DE razors from the dollar store (which I still use). Included in one of my vintage Gillette Tech razor purchases was a nice vintage Made Rite Pure Badger 649 shave brush which I use. I also got a 100 pack of "Shaverboy" stainless steel blades of which I still have 55. They are pretty good blades. For aftershave it's Skin Bracer or Aqua Velva. Nothing fancy there. The Wilkinson soap ran out awhile ago so I was using Barbasol in the can but that's gone so this weekend I will be getting new shave soap! Most likely Proraso since it's easily available locally.

Thanks for reading!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Welcome to B&B, Frank.

As you'll see soon enough, soap preferences are very subjective... but I can say, I didn't care for Proraso White... and a lot of people here who love the Green, Red and Blue feel the same way. It really dried out my skin.... and left residue on everything. YMMV (your mileage may vary).

Welcome to B&B, Frank.

As you'll see soon enough, soap preferences are very subjective... but I can say, I didn't care for Proraso White... and a lot of people here who love the Green, Red and Blue feel the same way. It really dried out my skin.... and left residue on everything. YMMV (your mileage may vary).

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't sure which to try. I do have oily skin so the Proraso White might work for me. I am going to check the local pharmacy tomorrow since I know they sell Proraso products. I also plan to order some shave soap online just to change it up once in awhile.

Welcome aboard! I like the Proraso white; for me it makes a nice lather and has good slickness. The canned shaving creams and gels do not work well for me at all. Soap and brush are much better. Enjoy your shaves!

Top Bottom