What's new

Hello! New Member Checkin In!

I apologize if this has already been stated, as I only read the first page...

Don't be afraid of experimenting with different blades, including the ones in the very sharp category (Feather, Bic Chrome Platinum, etc.). Do yourself a favor, and check out the sharpness level of the different blades, then buy a few sampler packs that contain blades from mild to wild.

Even with sensitive skin, you may find that you prefer the very sharp blades over the more mild Derby that you're currently using.

I also have very sensitive skin, and I prefer mild razors with extremely sharp blades. Feather is my number one choice.

Blade choice, IMO, is one of the very most important aspects of finding what works for you. Razor aggressiveness is also right up there. Now that you have a razor, rotate all the different blades through it. If you find that you're not able to get a comfortable shave after doing so, you'll want to think about changing the aggressiveness of your razor. If you find yourself getting another razor, you'll need to rotate blades through it again; most guys find that just because they love Feathers in one of their razors doesn't mean that they'll like Feathers in *all* of their razors.

Finding a blade that you like is *extremely* important. You have the software to get a great shave. Now get your hardware in order, and start with trying as many blades as your budget will comfortably allow.

Thanks for your advice floorpizza! Do you think may be a need to get better at my technique before trying out sharp blades like the feathers? If I get irritation with the derby I’m scared I could get even worse with the feathers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I get irritation with the derby I’m scared I could get even worse with the feathers?
I gave up on DE shaving for years because of how horrible Derby blades were to my face. No matter what setting I used on my adjustable razor, I could not get Derby blades to work for me. Go ahead and get yourself some really sharp blades, just be careful with them until you learn how your face/razor react to them. :)

I gave up on DE shaving for years because of how horrible Derby blades were to my face. No matter what setting I used on my adjustable razor, I could not get Derby blades to work for me. Go ahead and get yourself some really sharp blades, just be careful with them until you learn how your face/razor react to them. :)

Got it. Will give it a try......Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A blade can really make or break a shave.

Top Bottom