What's new

Hello from Windy City Chicagoland

Hi my name is Daniel from north Chicagoland born in Serbia but raised in Chicago, and I'm new here and I have been wet shaving... well first time I used De razor I was early 20's that was 24 years ago it was Gillette Adjustable Slim and other don't remember if it is Gillette Super Adjustable 84 & 109. Both were good I like GA slim best miss that razor anyway I left those 2 razors to my brother and my father in Serbia. As for the past over 20 years I been shaving crappy cartridge and disposable razors the burn the bumps and abusive uhhh! I could only shave once a week otherwise I'll be shaving like with sandpaper. About 5 months ago I saw butterfly De razor at store (Van Der Hagen) I was like "are those thing still making?"(I thought it was gone forever) soon as I got home went straight to computer and to my surprised to see all the varieties and availability the joy to my face
proxy.php
and all those crazy soaps my jaw just dropped, love the ingredients on crazy soaps. So anyway it's good to be back . So I been shopping....
IMG_20170317_212215 (2).jpg

IMG_20170317_2120379(2).jpg

it's only beginning plus brought (not picture)2 Oleo Soapworks - Montrose Beach, El Caballero from Chicago very good soaps $12 of 4oz you might want to check it out, theirs vids done by Shaving with Charky and Chris Bailey from ILather plus another pre-order soap and AS called "13" limited edition from Dr.Jon's and Propaganda AS. Also on the way Merkur 34C I have 38C with barber pole love it but had hand surgery and 38C lil heavy for my hand. Couple other stuff I'm interested I might ask you guys opinion sometimes until then peace.

Welcome to the forums and the US. My folks lived in Chicago for a while. I was able to visit out there. If you are there in July, check out the fireworks. Best display ever.

Sent via mobile

thank you all and much appreciated feeling welcome here,
btw I made a bad typo what I was meant to say " born in Serbia Raised in Chicago my bad.

Hello and welcome, Daniel. Great to have to you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Great stuff.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Hi my name is Daniel from north Chicagoland born in Serbia but raised in Chicago, and I'm new here and I have been wet shaving... well first time I used De razor I was early 20's that was 24 years ago it was Gillette Adjustable Slim and other don't remember if it is Gillette Super Adjustable 84 & 109. Both were good I like GA slim best miss that razor anyway I left those 2 razors to my brother and my father in Serbia. As for the past over 20 years I been shaving crappy cartridge and disposable razors the burn the bumps and abusive uhhh! I could only shave once a week otherwise I'll be shaving like with sandpaper. About 5 months ago I saw butterfly De razor at store (Van Der Hagen) I was like "are those thing still making?"(I thought it was gone forever) soon as I got home went straight to computer and to my surprised to see all the varieties and availability the joy to my face
proxy.php
and all those crazy soaps my jaw just dropped, love the ingredients on crazy soaps. So anyway it's good to be back . So I been shopping....
View attachment 779639
View attachment 779640
it's only beginning plus brought (not picture)2 Oleo Soapworks - Montrose Beach, El Caballero from Chicago very good soaps $12 of 4oz you might want to check it out, theirs vids done by Shaving with Charky and Chris Bailey from ILather plus another pre-order soap and AS called "13" limited edition from Dr.Jon's and Propaganda AS. Also on the way Merkur 34C I have 38C with barber pole love it but had hand surgery and 38C lil heavy for my hand. Couple other stuff I'm interested I might ask you guys opinion sometimes until then peace.

Welcome to B&B, looks like you are off to a good start.
Ask many question, That is how we all learn from each other .
Good luck with the Hand

Hi my name is Daniel from north Chicagoland

Hi there,

Starting today, the Rosemont outdoor flea market (Wolffs) opens and it's worth a look for old shaving crap. Huge parking lot that holds many hundreds of sellers on a good warm day during the summer. Over the years the pickins have gotten much slimmer there but you never can tell. In the past I have acquired many Gillette adjustables, various vintage blades, and other razors such as a Kirby of all things.

Best thing's to pay a little extra and get in early. Look for a black Jeep with a bunch of large tables with multicolored blankets in front and run by an older German couple. They look for razors, especially while checking out estate sales. Also, make sure to ask any likely vendors about shaving stuff....even if you don't see something on display. Heh, no competition from me, having moved outta the area.

Good luck in your scrounging around,

Martin

Last edited:
Top Bottom