What's new

Hello from the UK...

Hi, thanks for allowing me to access your board.

I'm new to DE shaving and hoping to learn a lot from the people on here, i have shaved for my whole life using cartridge razors (i'm 50+) but decided this month to move over to safety razors

I purchased a Merkur Futur but come to the decision this is not a great razor to start with, steep learning curve so i have ordered / bought a couple of razors from ebay to try out, they will be here in a few days...

In the meantime i have been using the Futur and i can say that it does give a damn close shave, prob the closest shave i have ever (in memory) had...

But i digres, thanks for adding me, and sorry for the amount of questions i will be asking (if i can't find the answer in old posts)...

William...

Welcome aboard! Don't apologize about questions. There are awesome folks here willing to share their knowledge and experience with you!

Welcome!

There is nothing wrong with the Futur - it is very aggressive on the high settings and the large head can be challenging around the nose, but as you have found it gives a great shave. The aggressiveness of the Merkur can instill good practice. You have to apply a light touch m

Two good starting Razors are the a Edwin Jagger DE89 or the Merkur 34C. Both razors are fairly mild and have a lot of flexibility of shaving angle

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, William. The search box is a wonderful tool to find old posts that may relate to a question that is on your mind. Don’t hesitate to resurrect an old thread if you want to add a comment to it.

Howdy! No one learns to play golf, drive a car, or play bridge in a couple days, right? Give yourself time to learn the nuances of DE shaving.

Glad you are here!

Welcome to B & B William, enjoy! One joy about our hobby/pastime is we get to practice every day. Enjoy your shaves, take your time, & you'll learn as you go.

Top Bottom