What's new

Hello from the Isle of Man

Mr. Watterson: Thank you for joining the community! I'm also a fan of Simpson brushes and I am a proud owner of a handful of standards. But I'm forever looking to expand my collection. So as soon as I see either a Duke 3 or a Chubby 2 in faux tortoiseshell, I am IN! True story. Is there a way we can join a newsletter to keep up with new releases as they become available?

Thank you Sir.

Our Facebook, Instagram & Twitter pages are the best social media platforms to keep updated.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Mark, my dear old friend, welcome back!!

Right two days ago a wet shaving friend was at my home and was impressed by my collection of Simpson brushes. At his statement: "I almost see no other brushes other than Simpson. Why?" My answer: "It's simple: for me they are the very best and there's no need for anything else!"

I may consider getting a Duke 2 in Butterscotch...

A huge hug to your staff and lovely family.

Last edited:
Mark, my dear old friend, welcome back!!

Right two days ago a wet shaving friend was at my home and was impressed by my collection of Simpson brushes. At his statement: "I almost see no other brushes other than Simpson. Why?" My answer: "It's simple: for me they are the very best and there's no need for anything else!"

I may consider getting a Duke 2 in Butterscotch...

A huge hug to your staff and lovely family.

Marco, you are too kind my friend.

I have your email but am not back in the office until Monday when I can respond properly.

Good to be here with you

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco, you are too kind my friend.

I have your email but am not back in the office until Monday when I can respond properly.

Good to be here with you

Mark, as you well know, I have had some serious difficulties in these last years that have kept me away from most of my hobbies, wet shaving including. And, sadly, it's still not all over.

But I'm trying to make a come-back anyway. I've missed these great moments too much.

You are a True Gentleman,

Thank you so very much

Mark,

Tell us ... what brush do you use every day? Do you rotate many or have a favorite?

After trying many Simpsons I discovered that I prefer those smaller dense knots in soft hair.

Mark,

Tell us ... what brush do you use every day? Do you rotate many or have a favorite?

After trying many Simpsons I discovered that I prefer those smaller dense knots in soft hair.

Hi Petr,

Actually I use an old battered & worn out Simpson Case in Best. It pretty much travels with me everywhere - it’s size is just perfect for me. Also, it was a gift from my Dad.

That said, I do have quite a collection building myself.

I’m going for dinner Saturday evening with family & friends so I may push the boat out & use the Polo 10 Manchurian for some rare indulgence.

If I were to pick a brush as my favourite though it would be the Duke 3 or Chubby 1, I have relatively small hands and I can manage the Control with those two brushes better.

The bigger brushes are great for those guys looking to whip up vast amounts of lather! They look amazing also.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Actually I use an old battered & worn out Simpson Case in Best. It pretty much travels with me everywhere - it’s size is just perfect for me. Also, it was a gift from my Dad.

Mark, is the Case you are talking about a Somerset era Simpson?

Also, a question for you that just came to my mind: is there a way to laser engrave the handles in order to emulate the lampblack writing of the vintage Simpsons? I think it would be fantastic to have a batch of new brushes with Butterscotch handles and lampblack "copy".

P.S. The very first brush I got from Vulfix over 20 years ago was a Pure #18. I got it directly from your father Philip. :001_smile

Mark, is the Case you are talking about a Somerset era Simpson?

Also, a question for you that just came to my mind: is there a way to laser engrave the handles in order to emulate the lampblack writing of the vintage Simpsons? I think it would be fantastic to have a batch of new brushes with Butterscotch handles and lampblack "copy".

P.S. The very first brush I got from Vulfix over 20 years ago was a Pure #18. I got it directly from your father Philip. :001_smile

It’s a ‘modern’ Case Marco, just very well worn - lots of use!

Very hard to imitate the original lamp blacking on the handles but a good idea

We still make the #18, a great value brush.

Thank you Sir.

Man, that would be sweet.
Welcome to B&B, a lot of Simpson lovers here!

If I may ask, are the knots hand tied and glued in your shop in U.K.? Or is the entire knot outsourced to your shop from somewhere else to your specifications?

I saw the YouTube videos posted. Those were excellent. You truly accomplished something there by revealing how these brushes come to us.

Mark!

Just received my new magenta Wee Scot. Kudos for a great workmanship and prompt shipping. This little brush will surely brighten my dopp bag.

I had an issue with my Duke 3 shedding which was a shame because I really enjoyed the brush (as I enjoy my Chubby, Classic, Major and Wee Scot brushes). My replacement brush arrived today and will be used tomorrow. What a pleasure to deal with a high quality reputable company that stands behind its superior products. There is good reason for the loyal following that Simpson enjoys.

If I may ask, are the knots hand tied and glued in your shop in U.K.? Or is the entire knot outsourced to your shop from somewhere else to your specifications?

I saw the YouTube videos posted. Those were excellent. You truly accomplished something there by revealing how these brushes come to us.

Hand tied by very long serving employees at our Isle of Man base.

Hi Mark,
Great to see that you brought back the Rover. Love that brush as I use it every other day (hive is my alternate days brush).

Simpson Limited Edition Chubby 2 Manchurian Badger Blue Opal available soon ...

61E7F528-02B1-4C80-9DA2-DE952FD9B480.jpeg

lovely collection of stuffing burls; they show years of love, and tenderness. And they make, through the hands of your artisans', such wonderful knots upon your brushes.

Top Bottom