What's new

Hello from sunny Florida

Just a quick intro and Hello!...I started wet shaving in April. I'd been using a combination of a Norelco and cartridge since I was about 14 (I'm 45 now). While on the west coast I went to the local CVS looking for a "better cartridge" and they had a "Goodfellas" brand twist to open DE starter set. Bought it for $15, loved it. I mean, tore myself up a bit, the razor was cheap feeling, but I could see the allure and why this just might work for me. As soon as I returned home after our trip I ordered a Merkur 38C, it's the longer handle version of the 34C, some TOBS sandlewood, a brush, and off to the races. I've bought a few artisanal soaps since and have started building a nice little collection of aftershaves and soaps. (oh, and a couple more brushes)

This site has been a real gem and I'm very grateful for the tips, tricks, photos, and daily shave talk. Coincidentally, this hobby, and how it requires practice and technique, pairs up well with one of my other hobbies, pipe smoking. Bonus to find a pipe forum on this site too. Ya'll rock.

Trying to stave off RAD as long as possible, although I did ask for an Overlander for Father's Day. .....It's not an "acquisition disorder" if someone else buys it for you...right?

Cheers and happy shaving.

Welcome to B&B, Sir FloridaMan!

alvarez gomez merkur january 12 2019.jpg

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Just a quick intro and Hello!...I started wet shaving in April. I'd been using a combination of a Norelco and cartridge since I was about 14 (I'm 45 now). While on the west coast I went to the local CVS looking for a "better cartridge" and they had a "Goodfellas" brand twist to open DE starter set. Bought it for $15, loved it. I mean, tore myself up a bit, the razor was cheap feeling, but I could see the allure and why this just might work for me. As soon as I returned home after our trip I ordered a Merkur 38C, it's the longer handle version of the 34C, some TOBS sandlewood, a brush, and off to the races. I've bought a few artisanal soaps since and have started building a nice little collection of aftershaves and soaps. (oh, and a couple more brushes)

This site has been a real gem and I'm very grateful for the tips, tricks, photos, and daily shave talk. Coincidentally, this hobby, and how it requires practice and technique, pairs up well with one of my other hobbies, pipe smoking. Bonus to find a pipe forum on this site too. Ya'll rock.

Trying to stave off RAD as long as possible, although I did ask for an Overlander for Father's Day. .....It's not an "acquisition disorder" if someone else buys it for you...right?

Cheers and happy shaving.

Welcome to Badger & Blade! :)

What a truly wonderful story! You started off by buying one of those super cheap kits, that started you off on an amazing wet shaving journey, that eventually, brought you here to the most amazing site, B&B. Yes, we have a lot of forums here, when I first started 3-months ago, I was lost and confused there are so many lol. But don't you worry about a thing, you spend a few months here, you will get the hang of it, and find all the forums you need, no problem.

I see you as a success story sir, yes indeed! I love reading life journey stories from folks like you, it truly gives me hope, in a world that needs a whole lotta hope. Please keep being the amazing person that you are, and we are here to help you anytime you need. As far as trying to stave off the RAD, I am shaking my head.

Take it as somebody who knows, this rabbit hole doesn't end here for you. Your mind is telling you right now, you got all you need. But in a months time, you will have another razor, shave soap, aftershave, lather bowl, brush, etc. You always feel like your in control, but eventually, you find yourself falling down the rabbit hole. But thats ok, were all here with you, were in this wet shaving journey together.

You really are a success story you know ;)

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Welcome! The 38c was my first DE razor, a fine shaving tool. Vintage Gillettes stopped my search for DE’s, then straight razors got the better of me. As far as RAD, can’t help you, other than to say enjoy what you already have.

Top Bottom