What's new

Hello from Solingen, Germany

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
@The MaydayGuard, welcome to B&B - a fountain of knowledge in all things shaving related and many other pursuits. Many will envy your location.

You may need to physically separate your straight razors to prevent inbreeding. I learnt that after two identical SR's turned into seven of the same.

IMG_20210804_142632.jpg

Last edited:
I am living in Solingen, the city of blades, for 12 years and for a while I am interested in straight razors and their manufacturers, especially their history.

My first experience with a straight razor was over 20 years ago. At the Christmas market in Cologne I was able to buy a really nice Puma straight razor and a strop. However, because I had no idea about the subject and the razor was probably not sharp either, my progress remained small and after a few attempts, the knife stayed in a drawer for more than 20 years. 18 months ago, I came on Dovo's website and saw their beautiful straight razors. I immediately caught fire again, sent my Puma to be sharpened and at the same time bought a knife from Ralf Aust. (Ralf's workshop is only 2 streets away from our house.) This time I really wanted to learn it and stuck with it. I found help on shaving forums and YouTube videos. I now shave almost every day with straight razors.

My two straight razors soon had siblings. However, my interest lies in vintage straight razors.

During my researches in razors, I ended up in this forum a few times. Today I decided to register and am looking forward to an exchange with like-minded people.

Another hobby of mine is photography and it's fun to combine the two.

I am pleased to be here.
Welcome!

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Welcome to B&B. Lots of information here on a broad range of subjects. When you get a chance, head over to the Hall of Fame and tell us a little about yourself.

Top Bottom