What's new

Hello from Scotland!

Hi everyone!

I’ve lurked here for a while but I’ve been a member of a couple of UK based wet shaving forums for a while.

I started wet shaving a year or so ago and have gone through the usual newbie phases of RAD and SAD… I’ve pruned back the DE collection to my reliable Rockwell 6S and Tatara Muramasa but starting to get the itch for some more vintage DE and SE razors. I’ve also just picked up a shave ready 6/8 Kropp SR to try when I’m feeling brave.

I’m still feel very much in the beginning of my wet shaving journey but really enjoy the meditative aspect of wet shaving.

Looking forward to continuing my journey with the help and advice this great forum provides!

Welcome, based on the razors you have you sound like you know what you like. Which is best in the wet shaving world of endless choices.

Hi everyone!

I’ve lurked here for a while but I’ve been a member of a couple of UK based wet shaving forums for a while.

I started wet shaving a year or so ago and have gone through the usual newbie phases of RAD and SAD… I’ve pruned back the DE collection to my reliable Rockwell 6S and Tatara Muramasa but starting to get the itch for some more vintage DE and SE razors. I’ve also just picked up a shave ready 6/8 Kropp SR to try when I’m feeling brave.

I’m still feel very much in the beginning of my wet shaving journey but really enjoy the meditative aspect of wet shaving.

Looking forward to continuing my journey with the help and advice this great forum provides!
Welcome, good of you to post 👍🏼
May I suggest bakelite vintages?
They will surprise you.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Welcome to the forums. Enjoy the journey! Spent my honeymoon in Scotland...a beautiful place.

Being that you have double edge, single edge and straight razors ... you'd better get a second job.

Welcome!! Love the 6S—it’s bomb proof, and shaves well. I have that and a revamped, re-plated Gillette Fatboy, mainly for nostalgia because it’s what my father used and what I learned to shave with. But it’s also a good shaver and I switch back and forth.

As far as American whiskies, try Knob Creek, if you haven’t already. It’s the only American whisky I like (I’m American but prefer scotch or Irish whiskey)

Brett

Welcome!! Love the 6S—it’s bomb proof, and shaves well. I have that and a revamped, re-plated Gillette Fatboy, mainly for nostalgia because it’s what my father used and what I learned to shave with. But it’s also a good shaver and I switch back and forth.

As far as American whiskies, try Knob Creek, if you haven’t already. It’s the only American whisky I like (I’m American but prefer scotch or Irish whiskey)

Brett
Nice! The 6S isn’t the most beautiful razor but you can’t argue with the no fuss shave it provides.

For bourbon, EH Taylor, Irish - red breast and my home favourite would be Glenfarclas.

Top Bottom