What's new

Hello from Romania!

hey guys, nice to be here!
long time lurker, first time poster (and i'm ashamed).
almost 37 years old, aviator and part time knifemaker.
just wanted to say hi and thank you all for the tremendous amount of great infos.
i switched from cartridges to DE (wilkinson sword classic, paired with wilkinson, feather, timor and astor blades in a rotation, edwin jagger soap and a generic boar brush) and now i'm transitioning to a straight (Henckels Zwillingwerks 78, i don't know if friodur or not since there's no mention of such technology on the SR. also, i cannot seem to date it) which i received as a gift from my father along with a vintage strop (Herolds). it was my grandpa's kit and i'm taking baby steps in using it (i mean... just the cheeks from the sideburns to the jawbone) since i very much enjoy my veins intact :)
anyways, great to be here!
P.S. i like my ASB natural so i make it myself
hzw1.jpg hzw2.jpg hzw3.jpg

Welcome to B&B. The majority of Friodurs were cream coloured scales with "Friodur" printed on the scales but some were black scales.

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
Buna ziua Andy from
Romania ('Explore the Carpathian Garden'...Yeah Baby!!!).
250px-bucuresti_panorama-jpg.390693
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
Romania Food.jpg
proxy.php

proxy.php
Welcome aboard the B & B (besides being enrolled in the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Shavedom), so please feel free to come up to the promenade / sun deck & 'sit-a-spell'.
sipping-tea-on-ship-1-jpg.819750

Sounds like your off to a great start and on your way to shaving nirvana and 'The Zen of Shaving', and yes,...this Forum has the knowledge, ideas, and all around 'know-how' to assist in your Wet-Shaving experience. In a nut-shell...your 'gonna' love it here. :thumbsup:

And please don't forget The 7 P's of Shaving...Prepare, Patience, Pressure, Practice, Persistence, Post shave and Passion.
proxy.php

Although, you may not be addicted yet (I think I'm holding up fairly well...with a few exceptions), because we all suffer (gladly and are doomed perhaps), from this shaving compulsion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times...
"Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

Lastly, please don't forget once you get time....to tell us a little about yourself in the

Hall-of-Fame
sub-forum.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Romania Moonshine.jpg
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

shaving-smiley-png.805252
“Happiness is in the [shave] that sweeps away the [uncertainties] of your heart”. Mort Walker

Last edited:
Thanks for the walm wercome! (see, i am so excited to be here dyslexia just kicked in). i am addicted, that's for sure. one simply cannot neglect the importance of some quality "me time", especially in this current setup where all we know is the work-sleep-work continuum. it's great to be here folks, and i am very keen to share my experiences with you.

Top Bottom