What's new

Hello from outside Philadelphia

There's a lot more outside Philly than there is inside. New Zealand is outside Philly!
I'm just outside Philly.
Welcome to B&B

Greetings.

I just started wetshaving about 3 months ago and have learned a ton from reading all of the posts here. Just wanted to start my official time here by saying thank you to all who have helped me start this art and for those of you in the future who will be helping me as well, thank you in advance.

Welcome! I'm about as new to this as you are.

How far from Philly are you? I used to work in West Chester
Small world... I grew up in West Chester and the only time I've been away was for college. I've been here for ~25 years now.

Small world... I grew up in West Chester and the only time I've been away was for college. I've been here for ~25 years now.
I'm from New England, but I spent about a year living in Exton and working at JMA in the big mansion (former sanitarium I think) on North Church St. My position was downsized and I took a job elsewhere, but I loved the area.

Welcome! I'm about as new to this as you are.

I grew up in South Philly. ....what is your shave gear?

I grew up in South Philly. ....what is your shave gear?

That's quite a leap... childhood neighborhoods to current shave gear! I still live in West Chester. ;-)

Anyway, I have two DE razors - a parker 22R and a Razorock Mission. I have a cheap badger brush (which I dont care for), a cheap boar brush and an old Rooney that I need to re-knot.

So we are currently in horsham. Used to work on Philly now in Abington. Love the area. So that means I am just outside philly. Using a mercur 34c with pure badger brush and Astra sp blades.

Hi! Welcome aboard! We are in Bangor closer than New Zealand further than Horsham. What made you start wet shaving?

So we are currently in horsham. Used to work on Philly now in Abington. Love the area. So that means I am just outside philly. Using a mercur 34c with pure badger brush and Astra sp blades.
I worked in Horsham for Penn mutual life insurance company as a computer operator in the early nineties for 3 years. I loved that area too.

Glad to have some fellow B&B members familiar with the area. Got interested in wet shaving to reduce razor burn and try to find something to like about this daily chore. Now find I look forward to my shave every morning (never thought that would be possible) and try to learn something new with each shave. Find I like soaps more than creams and tallow seems to be better than glycerine based at this point at least. Still getting irritation with my neck and can't seem to figure out why. Tried different angles and I think if I hold the razor any less, it will fall on the floor. Some days its great - others I can feel the sting for a few hours. I guess that's why it is an art. Looking forward to learning more from everyone and adding in some of my limited knowledge.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Welcome. I'm about 12 miles from the Philadelphia city line. Guess that's closer than New Zealand too! Maybe even Horsham. I live just over the Burlington-Bristol Bridge.

Welcome. I'm about 12 miles from the Philadelphia city line. Guess that's closer than New Zealand too! Maybe even Horsham. I live just over the Burlington-Bristol Bridge.

I was shift supervisor over in Bristol pa in Simon and Shuster book warehouse next to Dial soap company.

Glad to have some fellow B&B members familiar with the area. Got interested in wet shaving to reduce razor burn and try to find something to like about this daily chore. Now find I look forward to my shave every morning (never thought that would be possible) and try to learn something new with each shave. Find I like soaps more than creams and tallow seems to be better than glycerine based at this point at least. Still getting irritation with my neck and can't seem to figure out why. Tried different angles and I think if I hold the razor any less, it will fall on the floor. Some days its great - others I can feel the sting for a few hours. I guess that's why it is an art. Looking forward to learning more from everyone and adding in some of my limited knowledge.

As you practice on consistent level your muscle memory will start to guide you in right direction.

Top Bottom