What's new

Hello from Northern Minnesota.

Been reading here off and on for the last week and decided to join. Found this site after ordering up some new shave equipment.

Started out young with blades. Switched to electric razors in my 20's but ended up with a rash from them. Been shaving with blades since my 30's. Like my twin blades for 2 to 3 day old beard but they don't work so well beyond that. I inherited my Dads Schick Injector and use it quite often. Being just into my 50's I was getting lazy on shaving and have been going just about a week without shaving and that is where I needed the Injector SE. I have been getting to the point I haven't cared for shaving because of my senstitive skin and easily get nicks. But I don't like a beard either. So I am on the hunt for a better shave or shave experience.

I have picked up a Murker 34C, Van der Hagen soap and Feather blades to start with. They actually just showed up today. I also just picked up some Cremo cream from Wally world. Shaved with the Injector this morning and after 12 hours my face is still regretting that soap. I normally don't shave everyday but had to try the soap. I am one of those that shave every 2 to 3 days so not sure if it was because I shaved yesterday and wanted to try the soap today but thinking the soap was a mistake. Hopefully the Van der Hagen soap is better. But let's just say the search is on for a better shave.

Not sure how much I will post here. I am here more for the research and information more then anything. So far I have found some useful information here and really appreciate finding this site. Even though I have been shaving for 30 years affter some eading here I was actually able to inprove my shave with the SE this week. Never thouht I was doing it wrong or not the proper way. Looking forward to find more helpful information.

Welcome from one Gopher to another! I've learned so much about shaving here, and the side topics will keep you entertained.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Welcome to Badger and Blade, Skibik.

You and Terp come from one cold state.

Stay warm. I'm not warm and my state is south of yours.

Hello and welcome, Skibik. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome to B&B. There is some good info on B&B about making a good lather - something essential for a good shave. Take a look at the wikion lathers. Also,take a look at this post. Hopefully, that will put you on the right road.

Welcome! I'm just up over the border in Canada.
I travel to Duluth at least a few times a year and down the the Twin Cities maybe once a year.
Can't wait for Northern Invasion this year. Gonna be a good show.

Thank you everyone for the greetings. Yes, it does get cold here, -14F right now. Typical January weather, it will be like this for the next week. Been spoiled so far but you have to take the bad with the good.

I thought I was getting old and wise and didn't think I could learn anymore. Looking forward to improving my shave experience after all these years.

Dean.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Sir, you'll find plenty of info in our wiki pages and if you have any kind of questions just ask, we are here for that. Welcome to B&B!

I am surprised that it is almost a year since I joined and I am still at it. Acquired a few razors of which 3 went to my friend who AI got into shaving about a month or so after I started. My main razor is a Slim re-plated in gold in my birth year. Been through a lot of soaps and have only found a few that work. Same with blades, I have been through a number of them and surprised how different they all are. Looking forward to another year.

Top Bottom