What's new

Hello from newb in NY

Hello! I wanted to introduce myself as I just joined. I'm chris, and have been wet-shaving with cartidge razors (Mach 3) for a while. I picked up a shaving set with badger brush, stand, and a much nicer handle. I have been been using shave soap from the grocery which is "ok" but I am considering gettng something better. It does the job though (barely). I had dabbled with straight razor shaving at one point and obtained several. I can't say I ever got any truly to the right "shave ready" sharpness and after some experimentation and alot of reading I think I decided they arent for me. As much as I like slowing things down, enjoying the process and ritual, straight razors were a little too far that direction. Maybe I'll try it again at another time. So, I've decided to try a DE razor. I picked up this item on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141210465333?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

for my first foray. I ordered some Astra Superior Platinum blades and some Captains Choice from West Coast Shaving (currently wear Ogallala Bay Rum). I have some shave balm at home (although I cant remember for the life of me what it is)

So hoping to learn alot and see how this goes. Thanks!

From one NYer to another, welcome! Looks like you are starting off on the right foot with your razor purchase.

Welcome! Enjoy the DE experience. It is awesome to take the time out of the morning to relax with a traditional shave! I love that it is now part of my morning ritual.

Welcome Chris. I was in the same boat as you with the straights...just didn't have the time. I have mine put away for a rainy day. You will enjoy shaving with the DE!

Top Bottom