What's new

Hello from new member

Hi, I just switched to DE shaving after decades with Gillette cartridges. I have a Muhle R89 Twist razor, and I started with Wilkinson Sword Classic blades and Proraso Red shaving soap. In addition, I'm using a DIY pre-shave oil (with EV olive oil, castor oil, tea tree oil, and vitamin E oil), a Fendrihan synthetic shaving brush, and Face of Danger aftershave balm. I'm on my second shave with that combination and I'm enjoying it so far. No major issues, and the shaves have been closer than I'm used to, with less irritation! Why didn't I do this years ago?

Hi, I just switched to DE shaving after decades with Gillette cartridges. I have a Muhle R89 Twist razor, and I started with Wilkinson Sword Classic blades and Proraso Red shaving soap. In addition, I'm using a DIY pre-shave oil (with EV olive oil, castor oil, tea tree oil, and vitamin E oil), a Fendrihan synthetic shaving brush, and Face of Danger aftershave balm. I'm on my second shave with that combination and I'm enjoying it so far. No major issues, and the shaves have been closer than I'm used to, with less irritation! Why didn't I do this years ago?
Welcome here Boris. You didn’t do this earlier I’m guessing because you were inundated with cartridge advertisements. Weren’t you shaving though with DE blades before cartridges arrived on the scene? When I started shaving early 60’s cartridges hasn’t made their entrance yet.

Welcome here Boris. You didn’t do this earlier I’m guessing because you were inundated with cartridge advertisements. Weren’t you shaving though with DE blades before cartridges arrived on the scene? When I started shaving early 60’s cartridges hasn’t made their entrance yet.
Hi! My first razor as an adolescent was the Trac II by Gillette. I soon upgraded to the Atra system, and then to Sensor. I’m sure that advertising had a lot to do with my choices. I did not like the pivot point on the Mach 3 when it came out, but I did like the Sensor 3 cartridge when introduced, so I stayed with that system. Well, Gillette recently discontinued stocking the Sensor 3 blades in stores (for the permanent handle; they do make a Sensor 3 disposable now, which I’d rather not use). The thing is, my cartridge razors always left me with a level of irritation that I did not care for, and the constantly-increasing cost of the blades began to really annoy me. I’ve been thinking about DE razors for years, and finally made the jump due to the recent unavailability of my preferred cartridge blade as well as the high cost. Very happy with my decision!

Hi! My first razor as an adolescent was the Trac II by Gillette. I soon upgraded to the Atra system, and then to Sensor. I’m sure that advertising had a lot to do with my choices. I did not like the pivot point on the Mach 3 when it came out, but I did like the Sensor 3 cartridge when introduced, so I stayed with that system. Well, Gillette recently discontinued stocking the Sensor 3 blades in stores (for the permanent handle; they do make a Sensor 3 disposable now, which I’d rather not use). The thing is, my cartridge razors always left me with a level of irritation that I did not care for, and the constantly-increasing cost of the blades began to really annoy me. I’ve been thinking about DE razors for years, and finally made the jump due to the recent unavailability of my preferred cartridge blade as well as the high cost. Very happy with my decision!
And I hope your happiness will continue. I’m sure you’ll end up with a better end result with less irritation because you have one sharp blade removing your whiskers instead of multiple mediocre ones.

Top Bottom