What's new

Hello from Nevada

How did I get into DE wet shaving? Well, a few weeks ago, I was wondering through the shaving section at Walmart while my wife and I were grocery shopping. I was getting tired of electric shaving. Been doing it for years and I've always really hated shaving. I had been using some of my wifes bic razors with some of my barbasol shaving cream and I figured I would pick me up a decent razor there. While looking at the giant selection of expensive blade refills and handles, my eyes made it to the shelves and I started looking at what was there. I saw the VDH setup there, the mug, soap, and brush and they happened to have one DE razor on the shelf. When I saw that razor, it brought back some memories from my childhood. My late Mother used to use an old Gillette DE safety razor to shave her legs...:) I decided to give it all a try. If that razor wasn't there, I'm sure I would have bought something else.

I've always hated shaving. Never seemed to get a good shave, no matter what I used. Using an electric razor seemed to take just as long as shaving with a razor and cream and never as good. I've used foil electrics, rotary electrics, and various different expensive blades and handles. When I was in the Navy, I actually dry shaved. It wasn't that bad, because I did it for years and my face was used to it, and I could do it fast. I think that was my reason for doing it. When I left the Navy 19 years ago, I stopped doing that. Since I could shave when I wanted to.

Since I started shaving way back when...It's only taken me approximately 32 years to discover DE wet shaving. Even with the learning curve associated with it, I have found that I finally enjoy shaving. When I was buying some blades at walgreens, I saw Pinauds Clubman, I thought to myself, that looks old-timey and barbershop-esqe. I found that I actually like the smell of it. My wife hasn't told me she hated it, so I think I'm ok there.

Well, that's my rambling story so far. 48 years old and I'm starting to learn how to shave again...hehe.

Kevin

Hi Kevin. Great to have you here and you'll be SO glad you made the leap from electric to DE shaving. Enjoy the ride!

Welcome to the club, Kevin. Glad to have you aboard. Be sure to join the Veteran's roll-call and the Foxhole Shavers club in the Clubs and Brotherhoods section of the ShaveWiki.

How did I get into DE wet shaving? Well, a few weeks ago, I was wondering through the shaving section at Walmart while my wife and I were grocery shopping. I was getting tired of electric shaving. Been doing it for years and I've always really hated shaving. I had been using some of my wifes bic razors with some of my barbasol shaving cream and I figured I would pick me up a decent razor there. While looking at the giant selection of expensive blade refills and handles, my eyes made it to the shelves and I started looking at what was there. I saw the VDH setup there, the mug, soap, and brush and they happened to have one DE razor on the shelf. When I saw that razor, it brought back some memories from my childhood. My late Mother used to use an old Gillette DE safety razor to shave her legs...:) I decided to give it all a try. If that razor wasn't there, I'm sure I would have bought something else.

I've always hated shaving. Never seemed to get a good shave, no matter what I used. Using an electric razor seemed to take just as long as shaving with a razor and cream and never as good. I've used foil electrics, rotary electrics, and various different expensive blades and handles. When I was in the Navy, I actually dry shaved. It wasn't that bad, because I did it for years and my face was used to it, and I could do it fast. I think that was my reason for doing it. When I left the Navy 19 years ago, I stopped doing that. Since I could shave when I wanted to.

Since I started shaving way back when...It's only taken me approximately 32 years to discover DE wet shaving. Even with the learning curve associated with it, I have found that I finally enjoy shaving. When I was buying some blades at walgreens, I saw Pinauds Clubman, I thought to myself, that looks old-timey and barbershop-esqe. I found that I actually like the smell of it. My wife hasn't told me she hated it, so I think I'm ok there.

Well, that's my rambling story so far. 48 years old and I'm starting to learn how to shave again...hehe.

Kevin
Thank you for your Navy service, Kevin make sure to upgrade shave gear as you get better.

Top Bottom