What's new

Hello from Melfort, Sk Canada

Wishing all a happy new year from saskatchewan, Canada. I've joined the group after shaving with plastic blades for too long. The waste and costs are tremendous. Just shaved a couple of times with a Merker for the first time. Takes some getting used too but I've got time.
I have to get used to the shorter handle. I'm also interested in a good moisturizer after shaving. Winters here are cold and dry. Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome from a fellow Canuck.

Soap Commander Balms are some of the best on the market I feel so check them out. Also, Chatillon Lux Salves and Lather Bros. Balms are great. Cheers.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Welcome to the forum.

I've been to Melfort! I bet you didnt expect to hear that haha. I use to live in Regina and Saskatoon and have been all over Saskatchewan when I worked for Western Vinyl Exteriors out of Saskatoon in the 80's.

'Cold and dry' is an understatement lol.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
When I lived in Ontario a friend of mine father was from Melfort and he moved to Ontario when the econmy was hot in the 1950-60's. Well yrs later a another friend in Red Deer Alberta was getting married and on the way west by car we had to detour straight north of Regina to Melfort in 1982 to see his dads roots. The town reminded me of Mayberry on the Andy Griffin show. I live in Alberta and in 1978 I thought half of Alberta was from Sask-a-no-bush.:a8:

Howdy neighbor and welcome to Badger & Blade

Melfort is a lovely town. Stayed there a few years ago (Carry Valley motel I think??) on the way to Mt Rushmore & Sturgis

Welcome Bill,

I am a prairie boy too and have passed through Melfort once or twice.

Unrefined shea butter is my recommendation for a moisturizer, especially in cold dry conditions.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have to get used to the shorter handle. I'm also interested in a good moisturizer after shaving. Winters here are cold and dry. Thanks for the welcome.
You know what is a good moisturizer is Nivea balm for sensitive skin, works like a charm in any weather and has been around for a long time and is available at almost any drug store in Canada. Aqua velvet has a product 5 in 1 but I have had no luck finding that one in my area.

Welcome on!

I use any AS type any day personally. Balms are slightly favored more on winters days as they are usually more lotion-like. AOS has some great balms if you don’t mind the price.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I've found that Nivea is good for a balm. I tend to say away from anything alcohol. Tell you one thing, I wish I would've switched to a safety razor a long time ago. I'm getting great shaves and trying out some different blades I got with a sampler. Took a while to get used to the weight of the Merker, but now I'm used to it it's great.
Just have to figure out how many shaves to a blade.

Welcome! On the forum page at the bottom there is a list of vendors. Go to their websites, look around and you'll be amazed at the choices in balms. Happy hunting!

Wishing all a happy new year from saskatchewan, Canada. I've joined the group after shaving with plastic blades for too long. The waste and costs are tremendous. Just shaved a couple of times with a Merker for the first time. Takes some getting used too but I've got time.
Welcome

Top Bottom