What's new

Hello from Denmark!

Hi, Mark from Denmark here. I recently signed up to other wet shaving related forums - and thought it check in with you guys as well :)
Wet shaving is a new hobby that i picked up 2-3 months ago. And since then, it's super hard not to buy and try out new products!
Yesterday, i placed a bid for a Gillette Fatboy, which after watching hundreds of videoes, i need to try out :)

After not using any razors in years, i had forgotten how sensitive my skin was (also the reason that i grew a beard) and how much i HATED shaving.
So after many hours on different forums, webshops and videos i bought an Edwin Jagger DE89, and pretty much instantly knew that this hobby was gonna "grow" on me ;)

Anyways, thanks for reading.

Welcome to B & B! I started with a EJ D-89 and it’s a great razor. Don’t fall down the rabbit hole like I did constantly searching for the greatest razor. Perfect your technique with the EJ. Enjoy your new hobby!

Welcome to B & B! I started with a EJ D-89 and it’s a great razor. Don’t fall down the rabbit hole like I did constantly searching for the greatest razor. Perfect your technique with the EJ. Enjoy your new hobby!
Thanks for the tips.
At the moment i'm getting a lot of irritation, especially on my neck area. Which is probably caused by bad technique/faulty face mapping. This is however a spot where i have always felt irritation after shaves.

Due to my lack of experience i wanted to try an adjustable, just to feel mild vs aggressive.
And i feel that the fatboy isn't a bad razor to have in the den :)

In my opinion a slim or super adjustable is a better choice than a Fatboy. They are cheaper and I find they shave better as they have a slimmer head and allow you to better shave under your nose. I like you felt I needed a Fatboy but found I didn’t use it so I sold it. Others will disagree with me about a Fatboy.

Your irritation is definitely from lack of experience and not getting down the mapping of your beard. Prep of your beard could also be a factor.

An adjustable is often beneficial when starting this hobby, but experience is the real key. From my experience a more aggressive razor develops more irritation but your experience may differ. Just my $.02 worth.

In my opinion a slim or super adjustable is a better choice than a Fatboy. They are cheaper and I find they shave better as they have a slimmer head and allow you to better shave under your nose. I like you felt I needed a Fatboy but found I didn’t use it so I sold it. Others will disagree with me about a Fatboy.

Your irritation is definitely from lack of experience and not getting down the mapping of your beard. Prep of your beard could also be a factor.

An adjustable is often beneficial when starting this hobby, but experience is the real key. From my experience a more aggressive razor develops more irritation but your experience may differ. Just my $.02 worth.
Only one way to find out i guess ;) I'm feeling the EJ89 "tugging" my whiskers no matter the blade i put in it.
My thought was that the razor wasn't aggressive enough.

Not sure if i'm right or not :)

Welcome! I’ve got a daughter in Copenhagen. I visited this summer for the first time. Damn! That is one of THE most beautiful cities. She’s really enjoying it.

welcome! Just visited Denmark a couple years ago (Copenhagen and some surround areas). Really loved the country, food, and culture (my wife's paternal grandparents both immigrated from Denmark to the US around 1910).

Hi Mark, welcome in the club, iam also from denmark, I have been going for two month now and I also had some problems with irritated skin. I have been using tend skin product to get rid of red bumps, and they are almost gone. I also find that the mapping helped a lot. I bought a fatboy and a gillette super speed and I must say that the super speed are easier and more forgiving! (But the weight and build quality of Fatboy is great) hang in there ;0)

Top Bottom